Oh Canada

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We're only an hour from Niagara Falls so I don't mind the drive and I have a PO box right across the border so it's handy to be able to and pick up all my stuff lol. I just don't like the way they have it set up there, where you have to wait in line to file into the room to watch your kid, then file back out again after and wait in the hallways until awards. Last year some parents couldn't get in to watch their kids because of the lines to get in the rooms.
Oh I know how that is. Totally ridiculous and when you ask people from other teams to politely move because a team from your gym is on they're totally rude about it because they're waiting for their team. I hope they find a better venue that is closer to Toronto haha

I personally hate nationals being at the Scotiabank centre, and I always have. I preferred the Hershey center way more. There was way more space, and this venue actually knew how to feed the amount of people in attendance. I really hope they find a new location soon because I'm so done with Niagara

I like the set up at the Kitchener Aud - I think that could be a good venue. Except that they have the other big competition (provincials?) there a month earlier.

I like the set up at the Kitchener Aud - I think that could be a good venue. Except that they have the other big competition (provincials?) there a month earlier.
I always found the aud to be too tight on space for Provincial's, never mind having nationals there. I think it's also nice to go to different city's, having two comps in the same place just months apart doesn't do it for me.

And also crazy expensive! If you want to see entrance fees skyrocket, then sure!
Hmm good point lol but I do think it could go back to the Hershey centre. Move the specialty divisions to another competition and not have it the same weekend as nationals. Have tiny and mini compete the Friday night instead then have the rest of the teams go Saturday/Sunday. I think this Faceoff thing is going to end up being crazy busy and it's going to be a nightmare schedule wise.

Hmm good point lol but I do think it could go back to the Hershey centre. Move the specialty divisions to another competition and not have it the same weekend as nationals. Have tiny and mini compete the Friday night instead then have the rest of the teams go Saturday/Sunday. I think this Faceoff thing is going to end up being crazy busy and it's going to be a nightmare schedule wise.
I agree with the speciality teams moving to a different date. I personally don't understand how the face off is so close to world's, like by that time most of the athletes have already paid for world's so that money they win just proves they wasted time doing all their fund raising. Hopefully they move this even to January or February if they continue with it next year.

I agree with the speciality teams moving to a different date. I personally don't understand how the face off is so close to world's, like by that time most of the athletes have already paid for world's so that money they win just proves they wasted time doing all their fund raising. Hopefully they move this even to January or February if they continue with it next year.

I know that's what sharks is doing. Their Indy/duo/stunts groups are competing at the Red Carpet competition in May. That's what I was saying earlier in the thread. Stupid to give out money when teams have already bought plane tickets, the tickets for Disney and hotel, practice wear, etc etc lol. The only thing I can see it going towards is athletes getting some back or what makes more sense the team keeping it for next years worlds. I totally agree should be in January or February. February makes more sense since most teams have bids by then and if you don't have a bid by then I'm guessing you can't be eligible but what can ya do. The Montreal kicks competition which is in 2 weeks is a bid event also is it not? And it's a 2 day competition when it was only a 1 day comp before. Hopefully those athletes have saved up for worlds to be able to drop the $ that week to book flights, tickets, etc seeing as worlds is pretty freaking close.

I know that's what sharks is doing. Their Indy/duo/stunts groups are competing at the Red Carpet competition in May. That's what I was saying earlier in the thread. Stupid to give out money when teams have already bought plane tickets, the tickets for Disney and hotel, practice wear, etc etc lol. The only thing I can see it going towards is athletes getting some back or what makes more sense the team keeping it for next years worlds. I totally agree should be in January or February. February makes more sense since most teams have bids by then and if you don't have a bid by then I'm guessing you can't be eligible but what can ya do. The Montreal kicks competition which is in 2 weeks is a bid event also is it not? And it's a 2 day competition when it was only a 1 day comp before. Hopefully those athletes have saved up for worlds to be able to drop the $ that week to book flights, tickets, etc seeing as worlds is pretty freaking close.
Ya having all those teams on only 2 floors is crazy and they are always behind schedule. I think having the face off at Provincial's would be a way better time than nationals and many world's teams already go to that competition. That seams like the best plan for giving teams the most time to relieve bids before the invites to go out and enough time that the winning team actually gets to put the money toward world's

Ya but provincials is a bid comp too so I can't see them doing face off that weekend since there's no room to fit it in. Plus a LOT of teams pulled out of provincials this year compared to last year. Some teams entered last minute so that their worlds team could try for a partial paid bid instead of at large.

Alicia - do you know why most Sharks teams didn't go to Provincials this year? I heard something about scoring inequity? I always liked that competition, that was the one that all my extended family would come and watch!

Alicia - do you know why most Sharks teams didn't go to Provincials this year? I heard something about scoring inequity? I always liked that competition, that was the one that all my extended family would come and watch!
The judging last year was way off in many divisions and they didn't want their teams going back to that competition again this year because of it.

Ya but provincials is a bid comp too so I can't see them doing face off that weekend since there's no room to fit it in. Plus a LOT of teams pulled out of provincials this year compared to last year. Some teams entered last minute so that their worlds team could try for a partial paid bid instead of at large.
I feel like if you haven't gotten a bid by Provincial's then you're probably not going to win the face off.

Back