All-Star Oldest Competitive Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 27. I can still do a backhandspring. I tried a standing tuck 2 or 3 years ago and I busted...so no more of that. The idea of even attempting a robhs terrifies me, so clearly I can't throw a tuck anymore... I've never been injury prone...in life or in cheerleading...however the older I get, the more common sense I obtain...therefore I've established that on top of my student loan debt, I realistically cannot afford medical bill debt from me deciding I want to get back in the cheerleading game...I have excellent health insurance but no...ain't gon' happen captain....

Also I noticed that the last time I tumbled and stunted (last summer), I don't know if was from being out of shape ...but I felt heavy...when I tumbled I felt like I was flipping over 50 lbs of extra weight. It was strange.

I've been dealing with a lot of back pain this season - I'm 25 and have never had it before. It's from weird stuff too, like during dance choreography, it hurt to bend over. At practice a few weeks ago I bent over to take off my leggings and basically threw out my back. I pretty much spend every Monday/Tuesday with a sore lower back from practice Sunday night.

I don't want to stop cheering because it's the only involvement I have in the cheer world. I don't coach or anything like a lot of my teammates do. It's hard to get my boyfriend to understand - he's a tennis player and can play that until he's like 80.

I've been dealing with a lot of back pain this season - I'm 25 and have never had it before. It's from weird stuff too, like during dance choreography, it hurt to bend over. At practice a few weeks ago I bent over to take off my leggings and basically threw out my back. I pretty much spend every Monday/Tuesday with a sore lower back from practice Sunday night.

I don't want to stop cheering because it's the only involvement I have in the cheer world. I don't coach or anything like a lot of my teammates do. It's hard to get my boyfriend to understand - he's a tennis player and can play that until he's like 80.

Ashley, what kind of training are you doing outside of cheer? I noticed that after that first month of the gym, a lot of my aches and pains started to go away. Especially once I started getting into warming up properly (which I never did before). I feel like if I were to go back to competing, I could school most of the younger people in my area because they eat like doo doo and don't train outside of going to open gym.

I've been at competitions and seen a definitely middle aged woman (probably late 40s or 50s) who continues to compete on level 6. Don't know much about her skills but I'm always shocked when I see her yet again on the mat.

Ashley, what kind of training are you doing outside of cheer? I noticed that after that first month of the gym, a lot of my aches and pains started to go away. Especially once I started getting into warming up properly (which I never did before). I feel like if I were to go back to competing, I could school most of the younger people in my area because they eat like doo doo and don't train outside of going to open gym.

None, haha. That's my problem and I know it. Plus the lack of proper warming up. I literally don't know how to workout though. If I went to the gym I would run on the treadmill for a bid and probably blankly stare at the other equipment there.

I've been at competitions and seen a definitely middle aged woman (probably late 40s or 50s) who continues to compete on level 6. Don't know much about her skills but I'm always shocked when I see her yet again on the mat.
What gym?!

None, haha. That's my problem and I know it. Plus the lack of proper warming up. I literally don't know how to workout though. If I went to the gym I would run on the treadmill for a bid and probably blankly stare at the other equipment there.

What gym?!
I want to say Cheer Central. They aren't very competitive, I think they mostly demo, but still impressive.

my teams oldest was 42, our ages have ranged so much, we used to have majority aged 25-40 now most are 12-18, our team at one point the youngest was 9 and the oldest was 40 because my program was so small we all competed together to have enough people to compete haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I want to say Cheer Central. They aren't very competitive, I think they mostly demo, but still impressive.

I actually used to cheer on their open team. They compete, more than I do now, they just don't go to very big comps so they're usually the only team. I haven't been there in a few years though so I'm not sure who you're talking about.

I am a 36 year old mom of two, and this will be my 4 th year competing at worlds. My husband is 39 and this will also be his 4 th year competing at worlds. I love doing it for all of the moms out there, and also love walking out on the mat to my daughters yelling- go mom!!
Doing it for all of you moms out there!!!!

Back