All-Star Oldest Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Again, for simplicity purposes, this list should use the date they first had an all star team that competed under the same name they use now. Example: a 30 year old gymnastics gym that started an all star program last year would be a 1 year program, not a 30 year one. Also, if the name has substantially changed, that starts your "clock" over.

Perhaps a more accurate title would be "oldest all star programs".

Also, if someone is in their "10th" season, that basically means they are between 9 and 10 years old. Oversimplifying, but your 1st season ENDS on your 1 year anniversary. You are starting your 2nd season when you are 1 year old. Therefore, at the beginning of our current season (our 19th), Cheer Athletics was 18 years old.

Similarly, you are "in your 3rd decade" immediately after you have been in business 20 years. (1st decade = 0-10 years, 2nd decade = 11-20, etc.)

lol..we were Juniors in 1994, so I think it must have been 1993 (which sounds right bc I remember being in the 10th grade when Kelly would be at practices often)

Did they call it Cheer Extreme then?

Oldest Gyms still in business
1988 - Greensboro All Stars, ASG Cougar Cheer
1990 - Charlotte All Stars
1991 - GymTyme All Stars
1992 - Pro Cheer (GA), NEO Allstars
1994 - Cheer Athletics, Texas Lonestar, World Cup, Premier Athletics
1995 - Memphis Elite, Spirit of Texas, Cheergyms.com, Brandon
1996 - CJA, Twist and Shout, CNY Storm
1997 - Pro Spirit, Top Gun (?)
1998 - ACX
known "old" gyms (16+ years), but don't know date
Cheer Station (Austin, TX)
CEA

Even though no longer in existance, the first team to call themselves "all-star" and go to competitions, was Q-94 Rockers in 1982 from Richmond, VA.... Though, I guess that's not what this thread is asking for--but anytime I can give myself some Hilda memories, I take the opportunity. :p RIP Hilda McDaniel

Oh you are bringing back memories for me!!! I remember competing against Q-94 Rockers at William and Mary College a few years in a row (probably about 93-96ish). They were always very good and so innovative at the time.

It wasn't called that then, was it? The Internet was pretty young for someone to have named their gym after a website.

CoachTamara

In 1995 they started the company as Pyramids Inc. then in 2001 as King said they expanded to included two more locations (720 and Motions) and umbrella-ed the three gyms under the name Cheergyms.com

CoachTamara

In 1995 they started the company as Pyramids Inc. then in 2001 as King said they expanded to included two more locations (720 and Motions) and umbrella-ed the three gyms under the name Cheergyms.com

(Showing my age here :eek: )
What years did they also include Illusions and.... some other gym I can't remember the name of? How long did that last? I know that are not still around, but did those gyms become something else (like a new name)?

(Showing my age here :eek: )
What years did they also include Illusions and.... some other gym I can't remember the name of? How long did that last? I know that are not still around, but did those gyms become something else (like a new name)?

Currently there are three locations Concord, San Jose, and Petaluma
(we no longer have individual gym names)

There has been Pyramids, Motions, 720, Illusions, Atlas, Focus, Colony, and recently CG has taken over Airborne in Petaluma.

I am not 100% sure on the the timeline for those gyms (I didn't move to California until 2009) but I know all 7 (minus Airborne) were open in 2005.

I'm pretty sure the gyms just closed and the kids that stayed with Cheergyms.com just traveled to one of the other locations. Someone else may be using the space where the gym used to be but there were no name changes that I know of. I know several of the gym managers from these other locations and a lot of them still work for/with cheergyms.com

Back