All-Star One Armed Tumbling...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 1, 2010
I got injured today and hafta compete tomorrow in a sling.
Has anyone ever tumbled/stunted with one arm? Any tips?
Also, are any moves in stunts/tumbling now illegal because Im on one arm?

HELPPP

You're gonna learn one armed tumbling in a day...?? I don't think that's very wise.

There's a video of a CEA girl from a little while ago that she did everything in a cast or something. I'll try and find it in a few minutes.

Im not gonna get too fancy, a roundoff tuck or a roundoff layout step out or somethin.

Uh...unless you're looking for a second injury, I wouldn't be considering learning new tumbling skills overnight. I seriously doubt that would be expected of you.

Basically tumble as light as you can! Push off of your legs as much as you can and that should lighten the load a little. As for roundoff's, I think if its your first hand you put down you should be fine, but if its your second hand you put down, it could get pretty tricky.

I got injured today and hafta compete tomorrow in a sling.
Has anyone ever tumbled/stunted with one arm? Any tips?
Also, are any moves in stunts/tumbling now illegal because Im on one arm?

HELPPP

shouldn't your coach have all this information?

I've seen people do one-armed backhandsprings like in the standing tumbling sections. Standing tucks are possible too if you've ever done standings while holding hands, or watched it happen. But as far as stunting goes, that is extremely dangerous. You cannot expect to catch if a sudden fall, or anything happens. You are putting yourself and your flyer at risk. Don't do it, and if your coach allows it, tell them NO STUNTING!

Its been done before. A girl on my team did it when she broke her arm the day before NCA. Its possible, but I wouldnt do it. You're just asking for another injury.

All my stuff was taken out of routine except my toe front:( I could branai but it wasn't pretty enough to put in routine.
my coaches didn't ask me to tumble, it was my idea. I can stunt and catch fine, I'm not the first, nor the last, to not stunt at their peak, but we hit and I can do my job just fine. If you want a vid I'll post one I guess... Its just a toe front though and our routine has a lot of fill ins, but we work our butts off.

I still really wanna tuck day two, I don't set half of the time anyway;)

When I use to coach at a dance studio, the all star cheer team was required to take a tumbling class in addition to team practices and because it was a dance studio their tumbling class was acrobatics. Tumbling with 1 arm is taught in acro. When one of my cheerleaders broke her hand/wrist cheering at a football game, she had no problem tumbling on 1 arm from the acro training. It was a Level 2 team and she did standing bhs and round off series bhs no prob. She also did a fhs round bhs series combo pass, again all with 1 arm.

Back