All-Star One Armed Tumbling...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a girl back in the day that was born without an arm and would tumble on her prosthetic. We had fun with it. At a competition after they hit their routine, a boy ripped it off and waved it around. haha

I had a girl break her thumb on my level 2 team last year, and she threw all her standing bhs with only one arm. We just had her throw a high bhs so there wasnt much weight bearing on the one arm. If you're only doing level 2, then fine... but I would say definitely no running tumbling, and nothing higher than that.

I also had a girl who took tumbling classes at my old gym, and she had only one arm. This kid amazed me, she was such a hard worker, always smiling, etc. We got her up to level 3 tumbling in about a year, and then I left the gym shortly thereafter, so idk what ever happened to her.

I also remember seeing a college team back in the early 2000s that was in our basketball league.... a non-competitive, level 2ish looking team, but they had a girl with one arm who was a flyer and a back. I give her so much credit, but as a coach, I don't know how I'd feel about a girl backing with only one arm. That seems a little bit unsafe imo

We had a girl back in the day that was born without an arm and would tumble on her prosthetic. We had fun with it. At a competition after they hit their routine, a boy ripped it off and waved it around. haha
I based that girl for a while when she was real little. she could get herself up just fine but getting smacked in the back with that thing HURT when we cradled. miss her.

I think I have some videos of when I had a torn rotator cuff. I was throwing running fulls and two to fulls in a sling.

I know how you feel, I just broke my ankle and had to sit out a competition I might be out for the whole year and might miss worlds. It really sucks but dont do it, I know its hard because you've busted your butt and don't want to let the team down, but you have to think long term. Its better to not tumble for one comp and heal up so that way you can tumble and do everything for the rest of the comps/season.

Back