All-Star One Small Mistake... But.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do understand somewhat saying that a team is "amazing minus ______", because there are a lot of aspects outside of, for example, a stunt sequence, that may have gone perfectly well, but saying a team "basically hit" or "hit so well!" when they didn't, in my opinion, is different.

Mistakes happen. I don't like ANY bc I think perfection (true perfection--absolutely nothing out of place) is attainable on the competition mat. BUT I also think teams can have a mistake and still be awesome. A lot of great things can be said about a team that is perfectly synchronized, has impeccable technique and fun, creative choreography but has a stunt fall.
No, multiple mistakes is not clean, even if everything else was still sharp and had all the elements I listed above. My yth 2 won but had this exact thing happen yesterday. Overall great, but 4 big mistakes made it a disappointing performance for us.

I think a lot of it came once the twitter updates became more popular. Someone can tweet "killed it besides 1sd" because it's quicker and more simple than "They had really high energy and a overall great and clean performance but dropped one stunt" but still gets the point (somewhat) across.

I think a lot of it came once the twitter updates became more popular. Someone can tweet "killed it besides 1sd" because it's quicker and more simple than "They had really high energy and a overall great and clean performance but dropped one stunt" but still gets the point (somewhat) across.
I can see that..I think we need to redo our 'Universal Twitter Lingo' page to make sure everyone uses the same basic code and then that way we can understand those tidbits. I think it's the problem that one tweet says 'KILLED IT OMG' and one tweet says 'Great performance 2 tt 2sb'. Uhh..to me, those are different things lol.

Am I the only one thinking that you can be clean with a drop? Just because a stunt drops, doesn't mean that your transitions/tumbling/pyramid/jumps/dance weren't clean.
I agree. Plus maybe the fall was a clean fall, straight down. But if it was a bad messy fall where people hit the ground then no thats not clean.

When people say clean they might just mean sharp. For example, my mom said to me this weekend "_____ had a lot of falls, but their motions were very clean."

I agree. Plus maybe the fall was a clean fall, straight down. But if it was a bad messy fall where people hit the ground then no thats not clean.

When people say clean they might just mean sharp. For example, my mom said to me this weekend "_____ had a lot of falls, but their motions were very clean."

I think there is a difference in saying that they had falls but had a clean section then just saying "they had 3sf and 2tb but were really clean". One is talking about a certain section of the routine and the other it just vague and comes off as the routine itself was clean even though they fell all over the place. I also think a fall is a fall no matter how it comes down. A fall does not equal clean stunts.
I can see that..I think we need to redo our 'Universal Twitter Lingo' page to make sure everyone uses the same basic code and then that way we can understand those tidbits. I think it's the problem that one tweet says 'KILLED IT OMG' and one tweet says 'Great performance 2 tt 2sb'. Uhh..to me, those are different things lol.

Yeah there is a big difference in those two tweets. I guess since everyone has a different version of what is "killing it" and "clean" maybe they should stick to just say if they had falls or not.

Back