Opinions On Cheer Extreme?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, I think they're really good but I think people get way to hyped up on them! I'm not trying to hate on them or anything but I think there are a lot of other teams (not only L5 teams) that work SO hard and also deserve some attention and fame. Anyone agree?

Like cupieqt pointed out there are plenty of thread about other programs but your observation isn't far-fetched. There are ALOT of fanatical fans of cheer extreme out there, many not form the gym. Unfortunately that brings some people who resent so much attention to one program and they find ways to pick at it. I can tell you that the people I know on here from CEA who post don't usually get crazy over things, but they end up correcting the many false statements that get made about the program.

Regrettably, with so much attention going both ways, there are lots of opportunities for them to do so.

I agree with what you're saying. I cheered for Cheer Extreme for basically my whole life. I wasn't level 5. We always felt like we were 'below' everybody that was level five! It was a bad feeling when we had to compete against our own gym and our coaches didn't care...

I'm sorry you had this experience. I know almost all of the coaches personally and have watched both Courtney and Kelly take an impressive amount of time to make decision supporting ALL of their teams. Many gym owners or All Star directors make decisions and provide guidance but only involve themselves personally in a few top level teams. Both Courtney and Kelly put personal attention into all 49 teams they have at 7 locations. They don't sleep much.

This is not to defend the program, I am really sorry you didn't have a good experience

I'm sorry you had this experience. I know almost all of the coaches personally and have watched both Courtney and Kelly take an impressive amount of time to make decision supporting ALL of their teams. Many gym owners or All Star directors make decisions and provide guidance but only involve themselves personally in a few top level teams. Both Courtney and Kelly put personal attention into all 49 teams they have at 7 locations. They don't sleep much.

This is not to defend the program, I am really sorry you didn't have a good experience
I mean I did have an good experience and I love all the coaches, it's just that we always seemed to feel like we got the leftovers for everything and that we were being neglected.I still see them at competitions and we're all on good terms.

I mean I did have an good experience and I love all the coaches, it's just that we always seemed to feel like we got the leftovers for everything and that we were being neglected.I still see them at competitions and we're all on good terms.

Yep, that's a bummer to me. I don't believe any of them would do that intenionally, and regardless of the program I hate to hear that anyone feels this way about how their team is treated.

Not the HUGEST fan of maddie but the HUGEST fan of Erica and SharkDad 's daughter ! :) even though i haven't looked for her yet ! im DETERMINED to find her...:banghead:

Not the HUGEST fan of maddie but the HUGEST fan of Erica and SharkDad 's daughter ! :) even though i haven't looked for her yet ! im DETERMINED to find her...:banghead:

I was wondering it there a '''war'' between maddie and erica ? They look pretty competive as they were fighting for fame.Its not the same as Juliet and Maddie or Allison or others. I love CEA they have nice stunts sequence and pyramids.But I dont like the way they focus on individual cheerledrity .Im scared cheerleading fading as a team sport:(..In my team a Girl is obsessed with maddie and spend more time trying to be her than time trying to help the team progress as a team. Cheer extreme is just not my fav team but I can't deni their Talent .

I was wondering it there a '''war'' between maddie and erica ? They look pretty competive as they were fighting for fame.Its not the same as Juliet and Maddie or Allison or others. I love CEA they have nice stunts sequence and pyramids.But I dont like the way they focus on individual cheerledrity .Im scared cheerleading fading as a team sport:(..In my team a Girl is obsessed with maddie and spend more time trying to be her than time trying to help the team progress as a team. Cheer extreme is just not my fav team but I can't deni their Talent .

Who told you Cheer Extreme focuses on individual cheerlebrity?

What you just described is people from outside the program who do that

While I'm not from the gym, I feel confident saying there's no "war" between Erica and Maddie. It's a fictional battle that "fans" (I use the term loosely) put together because both are amazing cheerleaders but just saying they're both fantastic is never good enough. And maybe I missed something, but how do they focus on individual girls in the routine this year? They took out the highlight stunts, and everything else is pretty uniform for a "team" look. Every girl in the air is a fantastic flyer on that team. period. And all the girls holding them up are hella good, too!

While it's unfortunate about a girl focusing on nothing but Maddie, try not to hate an entire program because one of your teammates is obsessive about a girl on another team. It's not her fault she's good or that people love her.

Perhaps just for confirmation on the subject, TaylorzMom or somebody else from CEA could come confirm that there is no "war" between the two, just so nobody doubts it since I'm not from CEA.....

I can tell you I've never heard of one

Who told you Cheer Extreme focuses on individual cheerlebrity?

What you just described is people from outside the program who do that

Your right..my bad the way I write it made it seems like its there faults (Sorry english is not my first language so sentances can came out wrong )

''War'' its a bit heavy meaning word . As you look at the videos and the fan pages it seems to me like they were competing for the spotlight .But Im glad too know its was just an impression and that they don't.And compare to other team CEA have much more individual littles stars (and im not hating ,they truly are star :talented ,beautiful and derserve what they've got) than other team.That the focus'' I was refering to .But ones again maybe its not the program faults .

While I'm not from the gym, I feel confident saying there's no "war" between Erica and Maddie. It's a fictional battle that "fans" (I use the term loosely) put together because both are amazing cheerleaders but just saying they're both fantastic is never good enough. And maybe I missed something, but how do they focus on individual girls in the routine this year? They took out the highlight stunts, and everything else is pretty uniform for a "team" look. Every girl in the air is a fantastic flyer on that team. period. And all the girls holding them up are hella good, too!

While it's unfortunate about a girl focusing on nothing but Maddie, try not to hate an entire program because one of your teammates is obsessive about a girl on another team. It's not her fault she's good or that people love her.

Perhaps just for confirmation on the subject, TaylorzMom or somebody else from CEA could come confirm that there is no "war" between the two, just so nobody doubts it since I'm not from CEA.....

Thanks for the confirmation and to correctect my words ''fictional battle''. But you need to relax! Im so not hating. WHO COULD POSSIBLY HATE CEA ?like for REAL .Its not my favorite team but they are amazing no ones can denied that.Maddie and Erica I love them both and im glad to no there no true ''Battle''.

I never mention nothing about this years routine .But since you've asking I Like this years routine. The stunts are great as always SICK transitions. Great pyramids . and I think everyones can tell CEA have creative and dedicated coaches .

btw the gurl of my team I really don't pay attention to her that much and her actions dont change my opinion on Maddie at all .I love her she simply the perfect flyers. Everyone have there own cheer model to look up to (inculding me :)).She just taking its a bit too far ...wtv

I have always felt that way about CEA looking from the outside in as another coach and as someone that just knows cheer in general, i bet they love all the kids, but to me it is clear in the quality of choreo and music that the higher levels are tended to a little more. I feel like that is the biggest difference with Cali, Rays and CEA. With Cali and Rays, every teams looks like the best team for their level, not so much with CEA. About two years ago I had a friend call me and tell me they were moving to nc and where should her daughter cheer. I told her unless she is level 5 wait to go to CEA, I think other programs that dont have teams like coed elite, sharks and senior elite put some more time and effort into the lower levels. Funny enough from this post I don't sound like a huge Teal supporter and I love them! I just think that the lower levels need love to from CEA <3

I don't think you are qualified to make any statements on how much effort they put into their teams, just how you feel they look.

I can tell you that I personally see every team at every level at least at my gym gets lots of attention. There are other reasons why lower level teams aren't always as polished as you expect out of Rays and Cali but that gets into @ceachoach 's philosophy on building skills in her kids and keeping them motivated.

I won't try to speak for her and I don't think you should speculate on the level of effort she or her coaches put in.

Thanks for the confirmation and to correctect my words ''fictional battle''. But you need to relax! Im so not hating. WHO COULD POSSIBLY HATE CEA ?like for REAL .Its not my favorite team but they are amazing no ones can denied that.Maddie and Erica I love them both and im glad to no there no true ''Battle''.

I never mention nothing about this years routine .But since you've asking I Like this years routine. The stunts are great as always SICK transitions. Great pyramids . and I think everyones can tell CEA have creative and dedicated coaches .

btw the gurl of my team I really don't pay attention to her that much and her actions dont change my opinion on Maddie at all .I love her she simply the perfect flyers. Everyone have there own cheer model to look up to (inculding me :)).She just taking its a bit too far ...wtv
I didn't mean for it to come across as rude. You made it seem like you disliked an entire gym because of what one person did, but apparently I misinterpreted that. My apologies.

Back