All-Star Outraged... Please Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To quote the Principal in Billy Madison: "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Billy Madison is the most underrated movie of all time.

oh no, i think i just lost half of my braincells.
regardless, this just proves what I love most about cheerleading. The all star cheer world is such a close family. We all are so passionate about what we do. No matter what gym we are from, we would argue to the end to defend the name of the sport and competition. Remember the Midwest tragedy? everyone was so touched. I can't think of another sport who would wear ribbons across the country for another gym. Which is one of the endless reasons, I am way too obsessed and in love with cheer.

To the article itself - it's akin to the ESPN article in the sense that if you're not within the subculture and unfamilliar with the sport that you're going to have your own perceptions. And they'll color anything you write. In the ESPN article, it was "mini cheer = toddlers and tiaras". In this article, it was "cheerleaders should only be on the sideline".

This isn't limited to cheer, by the way. I can't imagine the number of times I hear the youth soccer stereotype of "minivans, capri sun pouches and orange slices" and how that colors people's thinking of soccer as a sport, even at the highest levels.

I responded, too. Of course it will fall on deaf, ignorant ears. Did you see the childish youtube she put up? LOL

She's certainly entitled to her opinion. However, when you write your opinion in a newspaper, you are no longer a journalist. What happened to research? I felt like what was published was the start to an article and then she was going to get to some data or facts. But no, it just ended.

Okay Margo, obivously you are an irrational,wanna-be journalist, who hangs out at food courts. Why don't you take your soft pretzel back to your village of raving lunatics. Where they might actually give a flying tuck about what you think.

Not only did she come off as uneducated, judgmental and just plain stupid...that lady sounds all kinds of pretentious. I don't even know where to start.
Her video response "I know you are but what am I"... just validated everything you just said.
I mean that comeback is a cool if you are still playing on the playground.... I bet she still believes in cooties
biggrin.png

Her video response "I know you are but what am I"... just validated everything you just said.
I mean that comeback is a cool if you are still playing on the playground.... I bet she still believes in cooties:D

I'm wondering if that's really her or if anyone would be able to login as any name they'd like and post comments, YKWIM?

I'm wondering if that's really her or if anyone would be able to login as any name they'd like and post comments, YKWIM?

I actually have thought that all along. I mean couldn't someone just use her name and make a post? If she really did post those comments then I wonder what her boss would think? Very unprofessional on her part if it was indeed really her.

I actually have thought that all along. I mean couldn't someone just use her name and make a post? If she really did post those comments then I wonder what her boss would think? Very unprofessional on her part if it was indeed really her.

Seriously lol you would have to be a self-destructing time bomb to do that.

I doubt if she posted them herself. She's written a lot of articles. Member of symphony board blah blah blah. I suspect she had a deadline, no story and was eating a a food court where she had her condescending stream of consciousness, and since the cheer kids weren't holding cellos, she felt it was okay to do a smear job.

I doubt it was her that posted that video.
1. When I posted (as MissBee), I didn't have to register my email or anything, just typed in a screen name.
2. When I posted it listed a location. Now, that location was wrong, by about 200 miles. The location listed for her "post" was in MD...this "newspaper" is in Ohio.

Back