All-Star Over Used Cheer Songs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love that cheer athletics uses Michael Jackson often. To me his songs don't get old but then again that's when its not the same ONE song over and over so I totally get that

There is one Michael Jackson song that I've been waiting for someone to use, and to my knowledge it has never been used. I will never say what song it is because I don't want to put the idea out there. Someone needs to come up with it on their own.

"Break free" was by far the most overused song at the comps CP attended - if you watched 3 routines, it was pretty much guaranteed that 1 or more of them had that song for their pyramid or elite stunts.

Timber and Let It Go were also overused - although I like the song Timber so much I don't think I ever got sick of it, Let It Go is so overused in everything (talent shows, singers, dance, gymnastics, etc.) so it was nothing new to see it overused in cheer. I heard Chandalier a lot too which I felt was an odd choice for cheer routines - the tempo of that song just doesn't seem to go well with cheer moves at all IMO.

So glad the only overused song in my mix was Fancy... Didn't hear any other except maybe Dark horse....

I can hear the new song "cool kids" in many routines this year

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

CP's music started with "Cool Kids." I LOVE that song but was worried it would be overused. Nope! I didn't hear it at all this year (but then again, I am not the most observant person at competitions).

What I did hear a lot of this season was "Shake It Off." We went to a competition where all but 1 mini routine had this song in it.:confused: I thought CP's music would have been perfect this year if they replaced that song with something else...

Back