Overused Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i still don't understand how level two tik tocks are 'fake' just because level 2 can't do stretch to stretch doesn't make it fake. & it's better then doing a regular stunt with NOTHING, our 2 team does twist up stretch, lib switch to stretch, thats good for level two, thats good for ANY level, just because all teams can't do amazing stretch to stretch tik toks, doesn't make it 'fake'.

the reason they call it fake is because instead of leting go of the foot a base has a hand on both feet at all times and the level two at my gym do like 4 in a row and they turn in a circle when they do it it looks soooooooo good

FRONT FLIP TRANSITIONS IN STUNTS!
i feel like every team has there little dismount then they do their front flip to squish to whatever trick they want to do next. it really is starting to get on my nerves.

the judges told us at cheersport that they wanted to see front flips to squish...makes no sense to me.

As a coach of an international team, the levels and abilities are still a bit behind in comparison to back home in the US. We have levels 2-6 in our rulebooks - well actually 2, 4, and 6 :D in our organization. Strange I know, but that's how it is in CVD. In CCVD, there are also level 3, etc.

Anyway, levels 2 and 4 are limited in what they can do. Level 4 is our Junior level. Max. 2 vertical rotations (twists), only assisted forward and backward horizontal rotations (backflips etc.).

It is also scored differently. It was until this season so that the rulebook had tables with elements listed. Each element was given a certain amount of points (e.g. a 211 was worth 8 points). With this system a team could calculate their score before the competition! The rulebook for CVD has now been redone and mirrors that of IFA and ECA. There are no more tables and scores should be done according to difficulty, sharpness, etc.

But for teams where they have a maximum, kick doubles and switch kick doubles are the highest (''most difficult'') basket that my little ones can do in baskets. I also personally think kick doubles etc. are some of the prettiest baskets when they are executed correctly.

BHS/RO to cradle position was used loads at the last comp i went to. Dont get me wrong, it looked really good, but the effect is lost when you see it in every routine.

I find that all of these over used skills,usually lead to a team maxing out points. Yes I also am sick of seeing full team basket fulls in Level 3 but you need them to max out that section in points.

what are paperdolls?
Pyramids that all the groups are in an extended heel stretch. Like this
pd1.jpg

Back