All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Great execution? they had two bobbles and an out of bounds.... Cali had one bobble, but still

Exactly. If you wanna say CA outscored them in tumbling because of the synch, then fine, I absolutely agree. BUT by over 8 points!? NO MA'AM... I truly don't see how Cali's tumbling score didn't even break 90, especially because of what they show in the standing category.

well cali only threw 6 running doubles(3 regular 3 combo) in finals.....plus they didnt have squad sync tumbling.

well cali only threw 6 running doubles(3 regular 3 combo) in finals.....plus they didnt have squad sync tumbling.

This is true... but it's still crazy to me that it could be such a huge point difference there, and that imo Cali should've outscored CA by so much in the other categories that the tumbling shouldn't have been the single deciding factor.

Exactly. If you wanna say CA outscored them in tumbling because of the synch, then fine, I absolutely agree. BUT by over 8 points!? NO MA'AM... I truly don't see how Cali's tumbling score didn't even break 90, especially because of what they show in the standing category.[/quote]

Totally agree with this....8 points is alittle crazy!

I feel like those synched round off hs doubles were what really won the judges over. Cali better have full team synched doubles next year, those ladies NEED to win they are simply amazing and deserve it more than anyone else. I love CA and Cali, but i did die a little inside when Cali lost.

Caliladyfornia forevaaahhh

Exactly. If you wanna say CA outscored them in tumbling because of the synch, then fine, I absolutely agree. BUT by over 8 points!? NO MA'AM... I truly don't see how Cali's tumbling score didn't even break 90, especially because of what they show in the standing category.

THANK YOUUU!!!!! I don't think I'll ever understand the scoring on this :confused:

If I am not mistaken, the sync doubles of Panthers were 2 step doubles. And as a parent listening to my cheerleader, she says that are much harder. Could be wrong, just saying.

Personally I feel Cali had the better routine. Panthers may have hit the scoresheet that little bit better than Cali but being there in the Milkhouse and watching the crowd go absolutely insane the moment cali walked on that floor and not stop until every single one of those girls left was amazing. Panthers didn't have the energy or the presence of Cali, but congrats to them for winning. I was amazed at their sync tumbling. Cali did the best I feel they have ever done and they should be 100% proud of what they accomplished this weekend. I've never screamed, clapped, or been so excited for a routine in my life.

The crowd was behind Cali because they have accquired so many fans this year, however, the judges will judge the skills on the mat, not how much the crowd behind them is screaming. CA never tends to have as many fans going absolutely crazy in the stands or some type of cult following like some of the teams at worlds, but their skills and routines speak for themselves. It is hard to believe that people have a three page thread already questioning this win, especially when Panthers routine was loaded with difficulty! Congratulations Panthers on a huge win in an insanely difficult divsion... and much credit to their coaches as well for putting together a routine that hit the Worlds scoresheet so well!

I said this in another thread, the scoresheets for worlds favored tumbling more than stunting. If you see the breakdown youll see Cali won stunts, but even Orange beat Cali in tumbling. Panthers killed Cali in tumbling. Didn't Cali win the dance?

Basically if Cali had added some synched tumbling they might have made up the difference.

its all about the sync tumbling.

From my understanding, there is going to be a push away from harder and harder combination tumbling skills and towards, form specific execution and synchronized skills due to the presumption of less injuries with less pushing the tumbling envelope on difficulty at the expense of form. I think we are going to hear a lot about injury rates over the next few months, and I believe this competition will mark that move towards rewarding form and synchronization, especially in Level 5 and away from difficulty. Mark my word on injuries, it is coming down the pike.

From my understanding, there is going to be a push away from harder and harder combination tumbling skills and towards, form specific execution and synchronized skills due to the presumption of less injuries with less pushing the tumbling envelope on difficulty at the expense of form. I think we are going to hear a lot about injury rates over the next few months, and I believe this competition will mark that move towards rewarding form and synchronization, especially in Level 5 and away from difficulty. Mark my word on injuries, it is coming down the pike.

But the scoresheet specifically rewarded harder tumbling. I would say the two teams that won Large and Small senior were the best tumbling teams in those divisions (and not necessarily the best stunting).

I think you see the same issue across all divisions. My cp's team maxed out their routine in every section they could but because we were weak in the tumbling area we sometimes fell short. You can only do so much to make up the difference and if the other team is 20 of the best, fiercest cats on the planet...it makes it that much harder!
So happy for my Panthers...I never stopped believing in them!

Agree with the move forward. We do not see enough of the well executed tumbling skills.
The push to get kids to do "specialty" into doubles is too dangerous, and coaches are not correcting form and injuries are too common.

Also agree with king that this weekend was geared toward difficulty...

But the scoresheet specifically rewarded harder tumbling. I would say the two teams that won Large and Small senior were the best tumbling teams in those divisions (and not necessarily the best stunting).

Who knows King? What I think about comparative skills is probably not important. I know going into this that we understood the emphasis on synchronization, but our passes were not groups throwing the same pass together but combining passes that ended together. And we payed the price. From watching the teams that won, they seemed to have more identical passes going together, but honestly yesterday was a bit of a downer and I did not look closely. I was around a lot of interviewing and I can tell you injury rates are a big deal, and being aggressively looked at, and they are going to be addressed and it is going to effect tumbling difficulty directly.

Back