All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I actually liked Cali's routine better than Panthers, but who can compete when you put together all your double fulls on one team?

SURELY you are not attempting to argue that CA stacked their tumbling on Panthers?!?! CA took four teams to worlds and they ALL placed in the top three. If that's not spreading out your talent then I don't know what is?!

Hence why lots of us want the universal scoresheet. I tend to find the universal scoresheet only finds fans when people finally come to the realization.

I have to agree with you again, and Worlds more than any other competition in Level 5 begs for standardization of scoring based on competitions during the year so staffs can put the right people with the right skills on the teams in May that will have the best chance the next April. Right now, there seems to be a bit too much uncertainty about that scoresheet going in and the staffs seem not to be certain until after prelims if what they did with the routine was right. I think in general the teams that execute the best still win, but it would be nice to have a score sheet that is so well defined through the year by actual judging that there would never be any question after the fact.

I have to agree with you again, and Worlds more than any other competition in Level 5 begs for standardization of scoring based on competitions during the year so staffs can put the right people with the right skills on the teams in May that will have the best chance the next April. Right now, there seems to be a bit too much uncertainty about that scoresheet going in and the staffs seem not to be certain until after prelims if what they did with the routine was right. I think in general the teams that execute the best still win, but it would be nice to have a score sheet that is so well defined through the year by actual judging that there would never be any question after the fact.

I think the best teams will always be the best teams, no matter the scoresheet. If we look at small senior OR large senior the top three in each are the best teams in those divisions. But those placements can change depending on where they compete. I also think it makes it a lot harder for other teams to start breaking into the top spots if things don't standardize.

I will say that all the stuff I argue for gains more and more fans from top programs the more they feel the 'sting' of these inconsistencies. Trust me when I say all the stuff I argue for is to better cheerleading.

I feel certain you are certain in that conviction. I am more cautious in both approach and self confindence.

Understandable. My scope is just always bigger than Marietta, GA.

King,
Your posts are one of the biggest reasons I'm still lurking around here. Everything you say is extremely well thought out and on point (not to mention I think you and I may also share a piece of the same brain somewhere) but I honestly enjoy reading what you have to say. Universal scoresheets should be a "DUH!" when people come to think about it. IDK why they'd try to reason otherwise.

Maybe not understood, so is my scope and I factor in the undeniable existence of personal bias towards what is in the best interest of what I truly care about in everyone. I've just have had my teeth kicked in by life enough due to certainty of opinion that I have become less assured and more cautious.

King,
Your posts are one of the biggest reasons I'm still lurking around here. Everything you say is extremely well thought out and on point (not to mention I think you and I may also share a piece of the same brain somewhere) but I honestly enjoy reading what you have to say. Universal scoresheets should be a "DUH!" when people come to think about it. IDK why they'd try to reason otherwise.

The fear by EP's is that if there is a universal scoresheet why would anyone choose one competition over another?

I guess they forgot that venue, setup, professionalism.... all the stuff that happens OFF the mat matters too.

Maybe not understood, so is my scope and I factor in the undeniable existence of personal bias towards what is in the best interest of what I truly care about in everyone. I've just have had my teeth kicked in by life enough due to certainty of opinion that I have become less assured and more cautious.

I will say a BAD universal scoresheet won't help much. Varsity's is the least worst and most structured (and how NCA uses it the best).

kingston said:
I guess they forgot that venue, setup, professionalism.... all the stuff that happens OFF the mat matters too.

Oh who cares about professionalism or setup or venue. I choose my competitions based on the free stuff they give out. :p

I become a bigger fan of NCA with each passing competition, although I have always been a big fan.

They equally reward difficulty and execution. No part of the scoresheet is worth more than another. I truly feel the best all around team wins NCA. I think the best tumbling teams won Worlds for all girl.

Now, I am not saying the winners did not deserve it. They did and they played the game and I am completely satisfied with the All Girl results. I am saying from now on It should be the best 'team' NOT the best individual skill better than the others.

Funny though they said stunting would be the deciding factor, and it wasn't.

Congrats to Cali...they were amazing but our Panthers rocked it!! I'm so proud of them!! Scoresheet says it all :) And fyi ~ Not all our doubles are on Panthers...think you need to look at videos...the thought that CA puts ALL their talent (doubles)on ONE team is so wrong! CA is one of the few that spreads out the talent to insure that all our teams have a chance to have a successful season. 4 Worlds teams...1 GOLD, 1 SILVER, 2 BRONZE :)
As a CA parent I have to say that I was very disappointed in the lack of crowd enthusiasm for our teams...not really sure what that is all about. Cali, TG, Rays, GT have a huge fan base & I get that...much deserved.! :)But CA has been around for years & brings it & still people just sit in the stands, not clapping, not yelling....nothing! We clap, yell, stand for all of the amazing teams..no matter what! I watched that all weekend & was borderline disgusted! Even as great as Panthers were, they didnt get half the audience participation like some of others. And our Cheetahs barely got anything...and they are crazy good! The word "good sportmanship" came to mind.... Just sayin.....

@gypsysoul panthers were great. Good gym. Lots of respect for yall.

Absolutely. It will be exciting to watch all of these teams load up on tumbling and then the score sheet get changed to reward stunts.

I am personally hoping its jumps next year. Don't know if you know this... but I like some jumps.

Back