All-Star Panthers Vs Senior Elite (you Knew It Was Coming)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Sooooo now that both Panthers & Senior have videos out, who do you think so far has an edge above the other? This isn't a worlds prediction thread but I just want to know everyone's opinion based on both teams 1st performance. I'll Start:

In my honest opinion I believe Senior Elite is light years ahead of Panthers as far as this first competition is concerned. I am not biased in anyway. In fact I've actually never been a senior elite fan until now! I WAS ALWAYS A PANTHER/F5 BOY! Needless to say I was a hater last year when SE won worlds but don't stone me! Anyway, its quite clear that SE leads in stunting and I don't think anyone will be able to touch their pyramid this year. Panthers slightly disappointed me in the stunting department being that alot of groups were marking things and their were some falls. Whereas SE has everyone doing everything and they hit.

Panthers did blow me away however with their extremely creative tumbling choreography! The way they have all the girls doing different variations of a standing full is CRAZY! 36 chicks on 9 panels going in all directions is no easy task and scary as heck for the girls tumbling towards the edges and tumbling pass other girls! I do love the fact that SE has stepped up their tumbling by leaps and bounds this year despite a few busts at their showcase. Panthers lead in tumbling of course but SE is not as far behind as Panthers are in Stunts and Pyramid.

Can't judge dance as SE has not competed a dance yet. SE's stunt choreography is again mind blowing and visually entertaining! I have no words for their pyramid. That thing just goes and goes and goes and my jaw drops like 12 times everytime I watch it. So yeah, Panthers in my opinion is going to have to turn up the heat on those stunts and that short pyramid to edge out SE.

Thoughts?

but does anyone know how SE did at their actual competition compared to their showcase? they did have an extra girl on the floor there (not that it makes much of a difference).

but does anyone know how SE did at their actual competition compared to their showcase? they did have an extra girl on the floor there (not that it makes much of a difference).

Hmmmm, good question. Hopefully a comp video from this weekend surfaces.

Panthers have the difficulty where they need to. Their stunts and routine is just as creative as senior elite, just in a different way.

Senior elite also does way too much. Just because you do more, doesn't mean it is more difficult, and that will definitely come across this year.

I'm pretty sure SE didn't compete this weekend.
oops. someone posted large all girl results for cheer extreme at buckeye, but it was their med ag team in the large ag division.

but either way, it'll be interesting to see how SE does at an actual competition and THEN compare them to panthers.

Execution will also be a big thing this year. Panthers routine will highlight great execution. I think SE routine leaves a little to be desired in that aspect.

Thats a good point and I agree! Large Senior will be an interesting division to watch. Like that year in small year when Squad tumbling was the big thing! Maybe execution aside from difficulty will be the focus of Large Senior. WE SHALL SEE!

SE hasn't competed that routine yet.
Panthers have never disappointed, they will deliver like always. It's just the first week of November. I wouldn't count them out..

I think this thread would be better brought up after SE has put it on the comp mat.

Don't get me wrong... SE is amazing.
I can't wait to see both teams at NCA !

The 2 gyms have different philosophies. Neither philosophy is right or wrong. Panthers execution was almost on point. Focus on clean up front and work difficulty in. Whereas SE focuses on difficulty up front and execution throughout the season. At the end of the day they all get to where they need to be when it counts.

Both routines are amazing and have their strengths AMD weaknesses. I for one would not want to be a judge.

It is going to be another great season of athleticism.

Panthers might have the more ''boring'' routine at first glance, but that was the same in 2011 when they won small senior... sometimes its not all about 100000 things going on at the same time. I do respect SE , no question, and their routine is stacked with amazing stuff, but for me, it's just too much! During the Stutsequences i feel way too overwhelmed, its like everyone does something different.
Panthers will most definitly not disappoint i think we can all agree on that :)
I can't wait to see what F5 and Stars will bring to the mat though (and i still hate hate hate that F5 and Panthers are now in the same division again duh )

I personally don't see the point in comparing them at this point.
SE literally checked everyone by saying "We hit, first public performance"
It clearly isn't a secret that Panthers clearly have some work to do.

But, when have they EVER disappointed?? I mean, SE needed the most work out of all large senior teams at the beginning of the season, and they ended up winning.
This division more than any other one is an example of: ANYTHING can happen. Stars in 2008, SE in 2012.

Back