All-Star Parent/spectator Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. What are your biggest cheerleading pet peeve/ or ur pet peeve about ur cp (cheer related)?
Undeadicated team members.

2. Favorite team or teams?
Shooting Stars, Ody and TGLC, and cp's team :)

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator?
CP started when she just turned 5. She did 3 seasons with AYC and this is her 4th season in All Star. (she balanced both for 2 years)

4. Favorite competition to attend?
I don't have a favorite comp (maybe Mardis Gras?) , but I do have a favorite city. I really enjoy comps that are held in Philly.

5. What is your competition event pet peeve?
Comps that don't put up a general block schedule ahead of time. I don't need an exact time, but please give me an idea if she is competing at the crack of dawn, so I can reserve a room the night before if needed!

6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have..
Switched gyms earlier! Too many wasted years with them.

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be.
STP

Oh I have definitely asked before but I worry because some parents are not always ok with u asking little Susie to move. :)
I wouldn't worry too much about about the parents. If they say anything after you have asked Susie politely to move, you can just let her know that you would be more than happy to give her and her daughter pointers on Cheer Comp Etiquette ;)

1. What are your biggest cheerleading pet peeve/ or ur pet peeve about ur cp (cheer related)?
Psycho Susie's Moms and big egos on teams

2. Favorite team or teams?
Cheer Athletics Jags 2013-2014

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator?
This will be CP's 8th season.

4. Favorite competition to attend?
NCA

Overpriced and disgusting food options

6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have..
Nothing really.

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be.
greater focus on technique

Tardiness to practice/comps. Cheer parents who treat comps like a college frat party instead of
assisting/supporting their athletes

2. Favorite team or teams? F5 , BSB, BSP, TGLC, Orange/Peach/Steel, GBE Lime, Reign, C5, Cheer Savannah,
GT, LOVE

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator? 12
4. Favorite competition to attend? 1) Worlds 2) NCA 3) UCA (first time attending this year, but FL during the end of
winter will have to be fabulous!

5. What is your competition event pet peeve? People saving seats for HOURS ON END
6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have..... Done nothing different
because we wouldn't have the memories/moments and the journey might not have been as sweet.

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be.... Stay to Play

When a coach doesn't even TRY to hide their favoritism.
CP: When she tries to blame others for something going wrong (doesn't do it TOO often)!

2. Favorite team or teams? All of CP's teams, and CP has me into World Cup

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator? in our 3rd year

4. Favorite competition to attend? Summit (just because it's at Disney and we don't go to UCA)

Cash only, venues that are too small/crowded, when CP's team is too early in the morning

6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have.....
Started at a different gym

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be....
Get rid of STP, make competition fees more affordable

biggest cheer- undedicated members, coaches favoritism. CP- is too hard on herself, she needs to learn to chill.

2. Favorite team or teams? CP's team, WC Suns, BSB, WC SuperSonics (ok All WC teams), TGLC, CA Wildcats

3. How many years have you been a cheer parent or spectator? Cheer Parent we are starting our 7th season.

4. Favorite competition to attend? NCA, UCA (only for the weather)

Cash only, No Seating, Limited healthy food options, STP

6. If I would have known then what I was getting myself (and my pockets) into I would have.....
Not been so hard on CP at such a young age.

7. If I could change one thing about cheering it would be....
Get rid of STP, Less focus on celebrities more on the actual sport.

Maybe I should have put this in the "vent" section but here are more (recent) competition pet peeves: little unsupervised Suzie seat-kickers; cotton candy vendor walking up and down the stairs DURING performances with a giant metal pole full of cotton candy--really?!? And still with the spectators coming/going to their seats during a performance. I don't understand that rudeness. It's 2:30 minutes. Just wait to go get or come back with those snacks. You know they'd be mad if someone blocked their view of their own CP. Lastly, the noisemakers. Clapping/yelling/ chanting seems sufficient without cow bells, horns, rocks/pennies in a tube, etc.

Maybe I should have put this in the "vent" section but here are more (recent) competition pet peeves: little unsupervised Suzie seat-kickers; cotton candy vendor walking up and down the stairs DURING performances with a giant metal pole full of cotton candy--really?!? And still with the spectators coming/going to their seats during a performance. I don't understand that rudeness. It's 2:30 minutes. Just wait to go get or come back with those snacks. You know they'd be mad if someone blocked their view of their own CP. Lastly, the noisemakers. Clapping/yelling/ chanting seems sufficient without cow bells, horns, rocks/pennies in a tube, etc.

Sounds like some one didn't bring enough cranberry to the comp :)

Back