All-Star Pep Talks!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cupieqt

Person everyone wants to meet this season
Jan 24, 2011
Tis the season for inspiration! I love to get my kids pumped up at practice so we give pep talks pretty often. Sometimes it's for attitude but most of the time it's about getting the job done so they can feel good about reaching their goal for the day. Other times it's about encouraging them if they didn't accomplish as much as they wanted. I'll start with an example. Add to the thread! I love to hear what other coaches and athletes have to say to their teams!

Here's some phrases I use a lot:
What happens here will happen onstage, work hard here so you can be confident when it's GO time!

Our stunt may come down, but our flyers never hit the ground.

I believe in you. I know this is scary but be brave and you'll amaze yourself! Dig deep and find your courage!

Good bases make good flyers. Is your flyer soaring or flailing? Teach her to trust you.

If you don't know what the problem is, we can't fix it. Pay attention to what went wrong and we will work together to make it right.

Please add yours! I'd love to hear what you all say to each other!

One team, one dream, one heart. Believe in eachother!

Go out on that stage and show them how much fun your having and why you cheer. Show them all the hardwork and dedication that you have put into this routine. Its all come down to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Make those moments count!

Take a deep breath and focus. You can do it! You just have to believe in yourself!

Don't make it about winning or losing, make it about doing your best and having a blast!

Mamarazzi said:
If you go out there and throw your (skill,) I'll buy you a (fill in the random unnecessary gift.)

Sorry qt. I know. I'm kicked out of NACP.

Mama that's a no no that even I'm guilty of. Guess my membership is revoked too. Fail.

cheerheart4life said:
One team, one dream, one heart. Believe in eachother!

Go out on that stage and show them how much fun your having and why you cheer. Show them all the hardwork and dedication that you have put into this routine. Its all come down to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Make those moments count!

Take a deep breath and focus. You can do it! You just have to believe in yourself!

Don't make it about winning or losing, make it about doing your best and having a blast!

I love to hear this. Nothing gets me more pumped than a group of kids that truly believe in themselves in the moment.
These are great!

when my team has some ruff practices i always say "keep doin whatcha gotta do and look good doin it" it always puts a smile on there faces !

if anyone has any videos of inspirational pep talks, post em! it doesnt have t be just cheer

and response to the actual thread we would:
-yell "one team one pride CPA Lions"
-we chanted backstage screaming "gotta gotta gotta stick, cant drop, cant drop, wont drop, wont drop, gotta gotta gotta stick"
-we were told no matter what happens our coaches were always proud of us we were a family and nothing can come in the way of that

:)

We had an awful practice stunt wise last night with our senior 3 girls. Their first competition is 22nd October so everyone was getting a little strung out about it. I pulled them all in for a water break and a chat about what was off that practice. I then said take 2 to get your heads together and we'll run them again and walked off the floor to give them time to figure it out themselves. Anyway we ran the stunts again, they weren't great but it was an improvement so we ran the routine full out. It looked fierce, the girls put everything in it and when I asked what had changed I was told one of the flyers announced if they were going to suck they'd better do it with class lol
Not really a pep talk but hey it seemed to work for them and broke the stress levels a bit.

I find myself saying, "Breathe, you'll be alright" a lot. Whether they're tired, sick, hurt, scared of skills, or frustrated it seems to help. I also try to make kids laugh when they get dinged up in stunts and tumbling- laughter is ALWAYS the best medicine.

Back