All-Star Perfect Competition Curls (i.e. Cali Sm Sr, F5, Shooting Stars)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As everyone has said before
-Don't wash hair night before otherwise even if your doing a ponytail on top of the head, it won't curl/ go up easy
-The wand is a miracle worker, sad part, its a big investment, but it's 100% worth every dome of it. I have an Enzo Milano (I think that's the right spelling) It was $100 but it makes the curls prettier and more professional if that makes sense
-And the number one key- HAIRSPRAY!! never too much and it always works!

Thanks SharkDad! I think half the Diamonds have fake hair and half curl their own. I have 3 Diamonds and the fake hair works great for us. Before we switched to the fake hair this year we used Soft Spikes, like the Irish dancers use. They are fantastic and you can order right off their website.

No problem. Like I said, I don't notice stuff like hairstyles or uniforms unless there is something that catches my eye. While I was tweeting the comp updates I noticed this team did great in their routine and all their hair was the same and very curly. Is that a correct technical hair term?

othmd3.jpg

my curls from this weekend :)

maybe someone anwsered this ....but i can get my hair big and curly and perfect ...for about 30 mins.... after that ...once i start warmups.. after tumbling and stunting and jumping.... they fall out.... i use about a half of can of hairspray to do my hair i can never get it to stay... :/ its sooo frustrating

Try pinning them right after you curl them.... Right when you spiral out the curling iron put your finger in the middle of the ringlet and push it all the way up to your head like a cinnamon roll or donut (I must be hungry) than pin with some flat clips or if your hair is thin enough a bobby pin. Do your entire head like this than spray all over... Keep it pinned until the entire head has cooled (this is usually when I do makeup) Allowing the hair to cool while still being in a tight ringlet keeps it from being weighed down! Hope that helps, now time for a donut :)

Do wands that are tapered not work as well as ones that are just one size? Not for cheer curls just curls in general.

I originally bought a cheap, tapered one to see if i liked the and before i splurged and bought the $100 wand. I found that:

1. the cheap version works really well (Remington, I think?) so if you don't want to spend a lot, I think it was $20

2. I have mixed feelings with the tapered end. The hair closest to the root goes on the thicker end, and the ends of your hair curl on the thin end. This is good so it's not so much a tight curl right at your head, but it makes the curls un-uniform. Depending on the piece of hair, I don't always start at the exact same spot, so every curl is a different shape and size. (Though this way probably looks more natural.)

It also allows me to wrap an entire strand only around the thick end for loose waves, or try to wrap the whole piece around the thin end for tighter curls. Easier said than done sometimes, but it does allow you the option whereas other wands are one size and one size only.

I have the Remington one and I hate it. The hair always slides down to the skinnier end.

I have since purchased the sedu one, as i just have a preference for that brand, which is not tapered and i love it even more! it's definitely worth the extra money, but i had no problem with the remington other than i felt it was more damaging to my hair (which a heat protectant can fix) Sedu just uses a different kind of metal/ceramic/ionic thing which makes my hair smooth and shiny.

After the horror of misplacing my good curling iron, and buying a similarly priced replacement, I learned that my gold Hot Tools 1 inch curling iron is all I want to use. But that is me. :D It has a super long cord which helps in hotels and it swivels.
http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Tools-Pro...B8BG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326825141&sr=8-1

Another mom on team who uses the wand, and her daughter's hair looks awesome also. I just like the bigger curls. The wand curls look more like 3/4 curls to me.

After the horror of misplacing my good curling iron, and buying a similarly priced replacement, I learned that my gold Hot Tools 1 inch curling iron is all I want to use. But that is me. :D It has a super long cord which helps in hotels and it swivels.
http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Tools-Pro...B8BG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326825141&sr=8-1

Another mom on team who uses the wand, and her daughter's hair looks awesome also. I just like the bigger curls. The wand curls look more like 3/4 curls to me.

Saw CPs pic on Facebook. Did you use the Hot Tools for that? They looked really good!

Thanks SharkDad! I think half the Diamonds have fake hair and half curl their own. I have 3 Diamonds and the fake hair works great for us. Before we switched to the fake hair this year we used Soft Spikes, like the Irish dancers use. They are fantastic and you can order right off their website.

I was going to say I walked behind a lot of FCA kids this weekend and I saw a mixture of what looked like fake hair and other's had curled their real hair.

Your uniforms looked great in person! I loved them!!!

My issue with curling my hair, is that I'm mixed. So to curl my hair I have to blow it out then straighten it, then once it's curled, it usually frizzes. I've seen the ethnic hair thread, but that doesn't really apply (teammates say I have really curly really thick, white girl hair) any advice to that?

My issue with curling my hair, is that I'm mixed. So to curl my hair I have to blow it out then straighten it, then once it's curled, it usually frizzes. I've seen the ethnic hair thread, but that doesn't really apply (teammates say I have really curly really thick, white girl hair) any advice to that?

For my clients that have hair like yours these are the steps I do. First I spray it's a 10 (a detangler), then biosilk serum, and mousse its also from its a 10. Then I round brush the hair out. I don't do it to perfect smoothness just enough to have it majority straight. DON'T USE A FLAT IRON after you blow dry it will be a little frizzy but not bad. After that then I curl there hair how ever you want. By putting those products in your hair at the beginning it will dramatically cut out the frizz once you curl it.

Latest posts

Back