All-Star Perfect Competition Curls (i.e. Cali Sm Sr, F5, Shooting Stars)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry for not reading this thread, but FCA Diamonds had a team full of awesome curls this weekend and Jamfest. I'm pointing it out because I don't normally notice

Sorry for not reading this thread, but FCA Diamonds had a team full of awesome curls this weekend and Jamfest. I'm pointing it out because I don't normally notice

I think in the uniform thread that there was no consensus whether or not they were hair pieces or not.

maybe someone anwsered this ....but i can get my hair big and curly and perfect ...for about 30 mins.... after that ...once i start warmups.. after tumbling and stunting and jumping.... they fall out.... i use about a half of can of hairspray to do my hair i can never get it to stay... :/ its sooo frustrating

I'm pretty terrible at getting my hair to stay curled myself, but is your hair clean when you curl it? It's better dirty.

maybe someone anwsered this ....but i can get my hair big and curly and perfect ...for about 30 mins.... after that ...once i start warmups.. after tumbling and stunting and jumping.... they fall out.... i use about a half of can of hairspray to do my hair i can never get it to stay... :/ its sooo frustrating
That could be the problem. Sometimes too much hairspray weighs it down and makes the curls fall out.

Curl your hair while it's dirty. And put hairspray on each strand of hair BEFORE you curl it and after. And sometimes my curls stay better if my hair is a little bit tangled.

I'm pretty terrible at getting my hair to stay curled myself, but is your hair clean when you curl it? It's better dirty.
my hair is dirty when i curl it ...i try not to wash it .. like if i have practice wednesday... ill wash it wednesday before practice wont wash it thursday or friday so that saturday when i curl it it will hold...but i have that issue even with extensions in my hair... the extensions hold a lil longer but it wont hold up through warm ups
That could be the problem. Sometimes too much hairspray weighs it down and makes the curls fall out.
do you know of a hairspray that has a good hold but wont weigh it down?

my hair is dirty when i curl it ...i try not to wash it .. like if i have practice wednesday... ill wash it wednesday before practice wont wash it thursday or friday so that saturday when i curl it it will hold...but i have that issue even with extensions in my hair... the extensions hold a lil longer but it wont hold up through warm ups

I swear by the gabi butler way of curling hair. It takes along time but it works super well on crazy thick hair. You also may want to use a medium hold while curling than use a super intense hold after you are done.

I swear by the gabi butler way of curling hair. It takes along time but it works super well on crazy thick hair. You also may want to use a medium hold while curling than use a super intense hold after you are done.
i will definately try it out....... the thing is i have thin/fine hair...but i have a lot of it !!!

i will definately try it out....... the thing is i have thin/fine hair...but i have a lot of it !!!

I have the same kind of hair.. extremely thin but a LOT of it. I am a retired cheerleader, so I haven't curled my hair and done a routine in about five years... but my hair would never hold a curl! I recently got a curling wand and I can't say enough good things about it!! I never wash it the day of curling it.. so say I wanted curly hair tomorrow, I'd shower tonight. After the shower, I spray pantene detangler/leave in conditioner in it. Then the morning of, I spray my whole head with a heat protectant spray (I've been using CHI lately and I love it.) I then separate my hair into sections and use the wand alternately each curl from towards my face to away from my face.

After curling, I flip my head upside down and spray hair spray. (I use Paves Professional "Flawless Convertible Proof firm holding repairing hair spray for dry damaged hair" jeez that's a long name LOL)

Curls used to not stay in my hair for more than 4 hours. Now, I curl it in the morning, it holds ALL DAY. I've even slept in it and woken up with still perfect curls! So, if you haven't tried a wand you definitely should!!

Thanks SharkDad! I think half the Diamonds have fake hair and half curl their own. I have 3 Diamonds and the fake hair works great for us. Before we switched to the fake hair this year we used Soft Spikes, like the Irish dancers use. They are fantastic and you can order right off their website.

Aussie hairspray is the best I've used. Aquanet will also give a really good hold but probably isn't the best for your hair and could possibly weigh it down.

Don't want to mention any names but there is a certain girl from ECE who is known for her curls. Her hair is done a different way every time I see her and it still looks gorgeous (even if her hair probably weighs just as much as she does). Im sure someone knows who I'm talking about. Idk if she wants her picture posted though.
This girl also knows who you're talking about because she just tweeted about this post :rolleyes:

But I agree. Her hair is always flawless!

Back