All-Star Personas While Performing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2011
Am i the only one that turns on some weird persona when your ready to compete....?

i am completely myself throughout warm ups ...but as im going up those stairs and getting ready for them to announce my team .... Something just clicks in my head and i am no longer christina.... instead i become XTINA... and im suddenly supper confident about everything im about to do ..... i have so much more sass and attitude and i dont know where this comes from .....

am i the only one this happens to ...or does every cheerleader go through this ?

She doesn't have a different name.....but when I was cheering in college, my friends would always swear I became a different person out on the floor. I was pretty shy in person (I outgrew that my last 2 years of college), but when I was in uniform I was this outgoing, friendly girl...winking at people in the stands and whatnot.

i think about this all. the time. and i always relate it back to the whole Beyonce' and her turning into Sasha Fierce. lol. i don't have a name for mine though. I'm totally fine going into things and then as the warm-up progresses i kinda shut people out. Like do not talk to me. at all. no one. i literally just look at you.. There are a few people who could talk to me during warm-ups and as a result bring me somewhat back to normal for the time being.
Then as soon as we're backstage waiting to go in the hole, on deck i just go right back to that "don't talk to me." one word answers. the crazier my team acts trying to psych themselves out/ get pumped/ whatever they THINK they're doing makes me want to shut them up because it actually has the opposite effect on me. and it makes me anxious. then we get out on the floor. the music starts. and i have no clue what's going on, what i'm doing/ just did, or where any of this is coming from. it's so weird. then we get to a hard part and all i think is something specific to the technique then I'm gone again. it's like we have D.I.D. or something. lol
oh well it happens to the best.

lol thats so me when i competed id be all quiet and i would have my little gitters and as soon as i hit the floor i felt so completely cocky and amazing it was ridiculous my coaches would always laugh and ask why i wasnt that way in practice and i had no idea why

I go from Cj to the Cjnator, I am very serious when I am back stage but that all changes when I step onto that ugly blue mat. I am all smiles, kind of like this (but the opposite version of course)

tumblr_le4mqxmu8j1qfccvpo1_500.gif

i think about this all. the time. and i always relate it back to the whole Beyonce' and her turning into Sasha Fierce. lol. i don't have a name for mine though. I'm totally fine going into things and then as the warm-up progresses i kinda shut people out. Like do not talk to me. at all. no one. i literally just look at you.. There are a few people who could talk to me during warm-ups and as a result bring me somewhat back to normal for the time being.
Then as soon as we're backstage waiting to go in the hole, on deck i just go right back to that "don't talk to me." one word answers. the crazier my team acts trying to psych themselves out/ get pumped/ whatever they THINK they're doing makes me want to shut them up because it actually has the opposite effect on me. and it makes me anxious. then we get out on the floor. the music starts. and i have no clue what's going on, what i'm doing/ just did, or where any of this is coming from. it's so weird. then we get to a hard part and all i think is something specific to the technique then I'm gone again. it's like we have D.I.D. or something. lol
oh well it happens to the best.
ahaha i definately turn on my Sasha Fierce....

lol thats so me when i competed id be all quiet and i would have my little gitters and as soon as i hit the floor i felt so completely cocky and amazing it was ridiculous my coaches would always laugh and ask why i wasnt that way in practice and i had no idea why
same here.... at practice im usually quiet and not a performer ...but when i get on that mat in front of people i feel like theyre all there to watch just me so i feel obligated to put on a show for them

'cause it's awkward... lol. and it's just a whole world easier to do everything during a performance. like everything and you know like you want people to watch you so you turn it out. at the empty gym on a practice day it's like... oh.

One of my personalities comes out. I call him snowflake. Lol

definitetly so D.I.D going on here. and it seems to be quite common among cheerleaders. hmmm

Back