OT Phone Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I had a blackberry for a long time. Just got a Droid Pro in November. Really liked parts of it, but hated that sometimes it was REALLLLLLLY slow. Got the advanced task killer froyo app and now it is a speed demon. If it keeps this up, I may like it more than my old blackberry bold.

I had a couple blackberries for a few years (hand me downs, random upgrades my mom didnt take etc) and i loved it, swore i wouldn't switch, until i had massive issues with mine and then the replacement....I switched to droid and LOVE it even more, i can do so much more, its a million times faster (acedad is right, the advanced task killer is a must but its free!).

I have the samsung fascinate (verizon) and it is the best phone. One of the best things is at competitions, i can download the PDF of performance order right to my homescreen for quick access all weekend. A couple of very good friends have the iPhone and they are jealous of my phone, they love theirs, but want to switch..in general the droid is faster, better screen, can do more and the swype type is a HUGE help, one of the BEST features!

I had a Blackberry Storm 2 and it was hands down the WORST phone I've ever used. I went through 4 in 4 months before I gave up and popped my SIM card into my old BB Curve from a few years ago. I just switched to AT&T and got the Samsung Captivate (Android OS) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Big screen, clearest screen you've ever seen, and it does everything--FAST. Everyone says iPhone has more apps, but Droid has thousands--do you really need more than "thousands"??? Only drawbacks--AT&T and crap battery life.

So my vote? Droid, but go with someone other than AT&T if you can. I really think TMobile is hands down the best cellular company out there. Best prices, best customer service--and they've got some great phones now (finally)

ETA: the camera is awesome, youtube is like watching on computer, and like brittzcheer4 said--most of my iPhone friends are always playing with my phone! Best competition phone for sure.
biggrin.png

I have the black berry tour and I love it. I think it depends on what you need it for, im a 17 year old girl so I dont need the blackberry to send emails and do all the works but if you have alot of friends with blackberries its worth getting because you can bbm them, i love bbm. Its alot easier to push the buttons, and harder to break then an iphone or droid screen.

I had a Blackberry Curve, and loved it at first. Towards the end though, oh it made me so mad (random crashing, super slow motion). I played with a Droid Incredible and an iPhone 4 before deciding. I got the Droid Incredible and it's the best phone I've ever had! I just love it.

i've always been a blackberry person and have never had any issues. then i got an LG ally which is a droid, and it works good, but theres just something about the black berry to me! maybe its just that i dont really like touch screens!
i am also with verizon though, and the service is great compared to AT&T lol
really though, i can't wait to get a blackberry again when i can upgrade!

DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID DROID

That's what I say.

But really. I really don't like touch screens, like phones with only a touch screen. So I have the Droid 2 with the keyboard and I'M IN LOVE. I never want to get off my phone. Ever. The keyboard is perfect because it balances out with the touch screen. The best of both worlds!

Do you have Verizon? If you do, just be aware that the next version of the iPhone is going to be released sometime this summer so the critics are saying to wait for it. If you really don't want to wait, Droids are pretty similar to the iPhone. I've never liked BlackBerry's for some reason. Almost too confusing or something. I can always figure out how to work a Droid or iPhone, just never a BB! Haha hope this helps some what :)

my parents have droids and thy love them. my dad switched from a blackberry and while they are still trying to figure it all out, they're not doing too bad and the droids do so much. and the internet is pretty fast where i live :)

Back