OT Phone Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
If you're on Verizon, the iPhone 5 comes out in August I think. It'd make more sense jut to wait for that. Whenever a phone is new to a network, there are BOUND to be tons of kinks with it, so it'd be worth it to wait for the iPhone 5 to come out.

FWIW, I have a Samsung Fascinate (it's on a Droid OS but it's similar to the iPhone) and I LOVE it. Wasn't crazy about my Droid 1. I liked my BB Curve, but the Droid phones are a lot more fun.

I know this is off topic, but I didn't want to waste starting a whole new thread plus the search bar wasn't working so I'm not completely sure this isn't a thread yet.. ANYWAYS..

I know everyone and their mother has smartphones and blackberries and droids and whatever, but I don't want to pay for that data charge. I'm in college and I have a env3 now soo any use of the internet is on my laptop. .. i feel no need to have it on my phone (right now at least, sure it'd be nice, but i'm trying to save money here lol)
SO.. I have verizon and I want opinions on good phones that aren't smartphones.
I don't really care if its touch screen or not, but i dont want that old school flip ones hahaha obviously... qwerty keyboard or flip..

i just switched from a droid to an iphone and although i like some aspects of the droid, i love love love my iphone and would suggest it to anyone

I know this is off topic, but I didn't want to waste starting a whole new thread plus the search bar wasn't working so I'm not completely sure this isn't a thread yet.. ANYWAYS..

I know everyone and their mother has smartphones and blackberries and droids and whatever, but I don't want to pay for that data charge. I'm in college and I have a env3 now soo any use of the internet is on my laptop. .. i feel no need to have it on my phone (right now at least, sure it'd be nice, but i'm trying to save money here lol)
I don't really care if its touch screen or not, but i dont want that old school flip ones hahaha obviously... qwerty keyboard or flip..
Almost every Verizon phone now requires a $10 data plan, unfortunately, so there's really only a tiny way around it. My friend just bought a Certified Pre-Owned phone though that is completely touch screen (idk the name...) and didn't need a data plan! Idk if this is how the CPO phones work, or if it was just one of those exception phones that doesn't need the data plan. Either way, look into the CPO's to save some money!! Her phone was only $80, normally $150 or something.

I had the blackberry curve and LOVED it... but now I have the Droid and I can't live without it. It's fast, a cute phone and perfect for tweeting and cheer stalking ;) hehe

They only have like 2 phones to get without a data plan- i had one of them up until about christmas. It's called the LG Cosmos, and it has a slide out qwerty keyboard. It's a pretty good phone- nothing too fancy, but it has the keyboard, a camera, etc. Hope this helps!

I have been debating for weeks about whether to get the iPhone or a Droid. After going through my list of must have I realized it was better and cheaper for me to go with the Droid. The iPhone is nice, but I don't see why I would need 16/32GB on my phone when I already have an iPod which I got for christmas. I don't need music on my phone and the 8GB on the droid is perfect.

I do have a question for those of you who have Verizon. My boyfriend got a droid in Jan. from Verizon and they price matched the phone for him because at Best Buy it was free with a new contract. He had no problem with them giving him the phone for free because of the Best Buy deal. Now when I went in there Friday they refused to price match the phone I got (same exact phone he bought), which would have been free at Walmart with a contract renewal. Should I contact costumer service and ask for the $100 I paid back or do they only price match on a case by case basis? He isn't the only person I know that they have price matched for so I was really confused when she told me they couldn't do it because Walmart is a private retailer, but when you buy through them it is from your Verizon account.

I have been debating for weeks about whether to get the iPhone or a Droid. After going through my list of must have I realized it was better and cheaper for me to go with the Droid. The iPhone is nice, but I don't see why I would need 16/32GB on my phone when I already have an iPod which I got for christmas. I don't need music on my phone and the 8GB on the droid is perfect.

I do have a question for those of you who have Verizon. My boyfriend got a droid in Jan. from Verizon and they price matched the phone for him because at Best Buy it was free with a new contract. He had no problem with them giving him the phone for free because of the Best Buy deal. Now when I went in there Friday they refused to price match the phone I got (same exact phone he bought), which would have been free at Walmart with a contract renewal. Should I contact costumer service and ask for the $100 I paid back or do they only price match on a case by case basis? He isn't the only person I know that they have price matched for so I was really confused when she told me they couldn't do it because Walmart is a private retailer, but when you buy through them it is from your Verizon account.
I'd contact Verizon to see what the rules are. I don't think you could do that if you were trying to compare the price to the Target price either. Verizon customer service is always awesome in my area though, so it's worth a call I'd say!!

i have the blackberry bold 9700 for at&t & i don't know what i'd do with out it.. besides the fact there are those "crackberry" moments blackberry is amazing!

I just got the new HTC Droid from AT&T that is 4G. It is really fast. I love it. We still have a contract with AT&T...my other phone stopped working, so I took the opportunity to upgrade. Good luck!

i have an iphone 3gs and i am not happy with it. the internet browser is really great but i cannot stand the touch screen. it's basically a disaster when it comes to texting.

my dad and my friend both have blackberries and they really like them. though the browser isn't as good as the one on the iphone.

not sure about the droid, but i know a lot of people who are satisfied with those too.

so i'd choose between the blackberry or the droid.

I used to have the Droid Fascinate and I loved it at first, just like any new phone I guess. But it froze on me soo much, then I had to take the battery out and turn it back on, and I just didn't like the phone. My mom has a blackberry and she likes it. I just bought an iPhone 4 for Verizon a couple weeks ago and I'm still in love with it. I've had so many people tell me it's going to have problems but I've had no problems with it at all. Honestly, this is the best phone I've ever had. I just don't like how "fragile" looking the phone is, because maybe it's just me, but I'm way to scared to go without a case or a screen protector. I can just see myself dropping it and it shattering or something.

Verizon only price matches for guys. Sorry.

Back