All-Star Please Drive Safely!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2011
I just wanted this to be a friendly reminder to everybody, to please drive safely always! My friend was driving me and 3 other girls to tumbling, and to avoid hitting a squirrel she swerved and lost total control of the car. We are all 100% fine. But please please please remember to pay attention to the road and not swerve your car for any animal! An accident is one of the most scariest things to go through and I definitely wouldn't want anybody to go through it! If you're driving other athletes to practice, make sure they don't talk too loud and you're able to still focus while driving! Thank you and have a good day!

Yep. You are better off hitting the animal. I know that sucks, but many people have been injured or died avoiding animals. Be careful out there!!

i would of hit the animal! yeah its sad but theres millions more now if it was a dog i wouldnt of hit it.

ugg new drivers scare me, they need to make getting a license harder. i know in tn you cant get one until your 18 now

i would of hit the animal! yeah its sad but theres millions more now if it was a dog i wouldnt of hit it.

ugg new drivers scare me, they need to make getting a license harder. i know in tn you cant get one until your 18 now

In VA, you have to have your permit for nine months and be 16... with drivers ed....which is where you test out. I have friends with licences but when I get mine I will be a better driver. Maryland driving is much stricter.

In VA, you have to have your permit for nine months and be 16... with drivers ed....which is where you test out. I have friends with licences but when I get mine I will be a better driver. Maryland driving is much stricter.
In my area of FL, they give out licenses like candy... You have to have your license for a whole year and be 16 but the driving test is so easy to pass. Most schools have drivers ed but it's only optional -_-

in nj you get your permit when your 16 and license when 17, i have alot of friends who can't pass though so it must be hard , i passed though!

In my area of FL, they give out licenses like candy... You have to have your license for a whole year and be 16 but the driving test is so easy to pass. Most schools have drivers ed but it's only optional -_-

I can't take drivers ed at my school because I don't live in the state. But all my friends who have licenses have taken the course through school or a teacher connected to our school. It's really bittersweet. I could be driving if I lived in VA, but my parents wouldn't go for it. Plus almost all of tmy friends have been in accidents. I don't think barley sixteen year olds with less than a year of driving should be driving alone.

One friend cried all the way to school after hitting a bird..

In Ohio, you get your permit (we actually call it your "temps" here like temporary permit, not sure why) when you're 15 and a half. You have to take drivers ed. They offer it through most schools but its from an outside company not like a class or anything. I did it at school it was 2 weeks straight from 3-6 after school. It was terrible. But then you have to do 8 hours of in-car lessons with a driving instructor. And then when you've completed all that and you've had your temps for at least 6 months, you can take the driving test.

I'm old so may be a little off but it's around 12 months on your learners (supervised driving only) with 120 recorded hours driving before you can get your license at 18, followed by three years with various restrictions for unsupervised driving before you can get your full license in Australia.

When I got my license the restrictions were a fair bit lighter but I am a questionable driver. Nothing is more important than paying attention when driving and the more familiar you are with the actual driving part the more you can stay on top of your surroundings.

I actually saw the AT&T Texting While Driving documentary today and another video that a girl did for a contest that was supposed to be a dead girl's letter to her parents after she got into an accident by distracted driving.

Now I'm not calling you guys distracted because you obviously saw what made the car swerve, and I'm glad you guys are okay! Car accidents are scary. I lost a beloved theatre classmate this past January (it'll actually be 6 months since the day of the accident tomorrow) and it was awful for our entire county, especially since 3 or 4 other major teen driving accidents were clustered in that month. I'm so beyond grateful none of you weren't hurt.

I think in IL you have to have your permit for 6 months and complete 50 hours of supervised driving (with a parent or adult over 21) plus driver's ed. When I got my license, it was 25 hours and 3 months of permit, and I can't even begin to tell you how many kids in my class got in accidents within 6 months of having their license. I got in a fender bender on my first day driving in snow because I didn't understand my ABS yet.

I drive about 30k miles a year because I deliver pizza as a side job and my "big girl" job is a 50 mile round trip commute. When I was younger I was a pretty reckless driver but after spending soooo much time driving over the past few years, it's absolutely become a habit to be 100% aware of myself and other drivers/my surroundings while driving, and I NEVER text while driving anymore.

Please, never text and drive. I know that text from your friend or the boy you like seems like the most important thing at the time, but I'm sure they'll understand if you wait to reply until you get to a stop light or your destination and explain that you were driving. I can definitely tell when other drivers are distracted while driving and it's very scary to be on the road near them.

DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE!!!!!!!!

I say this to the kids when they leave the gym, and I have kids that say this to me too! This is not the "Mom" in me coming out - this is after about a million times that I nearly ran off the road because I wanted to check that notification, or see what that text was or who just emailed me. It's NOT that serious, people. The phone can wait.

(For me) swerving to avoid hitting a (large) animal is almost like a reflex. I live in the middle of a city. Saturday night an extremely large deer ran out infront of my car at 2:30am.... I swerved. Whether I hit the deer or hit something else it would have still been all bad. Fortunately by swerving I was able to hit nothing.

My sister is 17. She got her permit and license at 15 (South Carolina). She got a waver to drive until 12am when she turned 16 and last August at 16 1/2 she got her full license for having an accident free year/no tickets. I am not a fan of raising the legal driving age to 17/18 for the simple fact that when you make the driving age so old, you end up with college students leaving home, with cars and a license that they've had for a matter of weeks. Children need time to be a licensed driver under their parents immediate supervision. I personally started college at 17 and I couldn't imagine being a freshman in college and just learning how to drive. And on top of just getting my license...essentially having the freedom to do whatever I wanted with it.

Now thats scarier than a 15/16 yr old out on the road.

In Manitoba, you get a Learner's Permit at 15 1/2 if you've taken high school driver's ed, 16 if you haven't, and that is a written test. Then you can take your road test.
If you pass you get Graduated Licensing:
1. Learner (minimum 9 months)
  • maintain zero blood alcohol concentration
  • be accompanied by a supervising driver who
    • is the only front seat passenger
    • holds a valid, minimum Class 5 Full Stage licence
    • has held a Full Class 5 licence for at least three years
    • is under .05 blood alcohol concentration
  • limit other passengers in the back seat(s) up to the number of functioning seatbelts
  • Cannot tow other vehicles
2. Intermediate (minimum 15 months)
  • maintain zero blood alcohol concentration
  • limit passengers:
    • 5 a.m. to midnight – to one passenger in the front seat and up to the number of functioning seatbelts in the back seat(s)
    • midnight to 5 a.m. – either one passenger, or when accompanied by a qualified supervising driver in the front seat you may have additional passengers up to the number of functioning seatbelts in the back seat(s)
  • Can tow other vehicles
3. Full (for the 1st 3 years)
  • must maintain zero blood alcohol concentration for the first 36 months
  • may supervise novice drivers after three years in the Full Stage
We're also well versed in driving around wildlife here. Deer wander into the city like they own the joint. I've even hit a beaver before. *Insert Canada beaver joke here*

Back