All-Star Please Facebook 'like' And Tweet To Spread The Word: Rules Are Updated

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm really unhappy with the no jumping through the tosses at level 2 and 3. This kills me. It's such a valuable part of the skill.

I'm really unhappy with the no jumping through the tosses at level 2 and 3. This kills me. It's such a valuable part of the skill.

I honestly believe that was an unintended consequence. Cause the skill properly done you are supposed to jump. Going back to my NCA camp teaching days "jump through your toes when you throw!"

I honestly believe that was an unintended consequence. Cause the skill properly done you are supposed to jump. Going back to my NCA camp teaching days "jump through your toes when you throw!"
i was always taught to jump when you tossed baskets, are you aware of a specific reason that this rule was made? i mean were there injuries with people jumping haha? Or were baskets just getting to out of hand for their liking, maybe height wise?

i was always taught to jump when you tossed baskets, are you aware of a specific reason that this rule was made? i mean were there injuries with people jumping haha? Or were baskets just getting to out of hand for their liking, maybe height wise?

The original rule said all baskets must start from the ground. Which would mean then second you throw from a load in position it would be illegal.

The original rule said all baskets must start from the ground. Which would mean then second you throw from a load in position it would be illegal.
I've never taught a toss without this vital reminder to the bases. Every time they throw I remind them to jump through. I can't imagine eliminating it and saying DON'T. Yikes.

I don't understand the intention behind the rule. Is there a safety issue to following through on a toss??

I've never taught a toss without this vital reminder to the bases. Every time they throw I remind them to jump through. I can't imagine eliminating it and saying DON'T. Yikes.

I don't understand the intention behind the rule. Is there a safety issue to following through on a toss??

Unintended consequence. I think the rule was created to to make sure no one throws a basket toss while in a stunt (understandable). Just didn't take into account that bases leave the ground while throwing.

You will be able to leave the ground during a toss. The point is for the bases not to be standing in a stunt and THEN throwing the toss. Sometimes it is difficult to put into words what you want the rule to say.

Then they need to say bases cannot be standing on other people when throwing a toss.

were people really throwing baskets from stunts? but I have a feeling we will soon see
Clarification: Bases may jump through the toss, however they cannot be lifted by another person during the toss.

Clearly, whomever thought "Hey! I know! We can build a stunt, THEN toss this girl on the third level up, she can double back, and then they'll catch her!" was out of his mind. And the girl who volunteered for that????? :stupid:

Haha. I think it is all about perspective. Back then doing dive rolls out of 4 high pyramids was just good cheerleading, nothing insane. Nowadays I guess we know better... and realize maybe that wasn't the brightest of ideas.

kingston said:
Haha. I think it is all about perspective. Back then doing dive rolls out of 4 high pyramids was just good cheerleading, nothing insane. Nowadays I guess we know better... and realize maybe that wasn't the brightest of ideas.

oh I understand that was the "it" thing and I guess the dangers not fully understood and all...or just ignored because well, yeah, it was wicked cool. I just wouldn't be volunteering to be up there! :) Of course, I don't volunteer to fly in general.......

Back