All-Star Please Learn To Tumble In A Safe Environment...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ouch!! I must admit I did laugh mainly out of nerves at how much it made me cringe but I mean it didn't even look like he was standing right to actually attempt it?! I suck at tumbling so he could've been 'attempting' right.... But I know where I'd rather try to tumble... :/

two things to say.. one why would you let somebody whos foot is in a boot spot you
and second typical guys/men/boys pulling stuff outta their buts trying to tumble when will they learn..

But hey, taking elite skills away will solve this problem right? In all seriousness though, that was scary, and stupid.

Last summer, watched a bunch of girls from an all-star team do a stunt on the beach and one girl fell on the sand right on her head. Looked like she badly injured her neck. Didn't look good, wasn't moving the extremities and was carted away on an ambulance to the hospital with the halo on the backboard. Hopefully, she wound up better thsn she looked when being taken away in the ambulance.

This is so scary! And I can't believe how that guy in the green shirt was laughing so much when the poor guy had just landed on his neck.

This is how my brother learnt how to tumble, and it scared the hell out of me. He just wanted to "chuck it" on grass in the front yard cause he'd seen me do things (after years of proper training etc.) and thought it was easy/he could just do it. He wouldn't even let me spot him (which I would've rathered as opposed to the alternative of him doing it on grass unspotted, or spotted). It took me a long time to convince him to come to tumbling classes and learn properly and learn safe progressions etc. He learnt a standing tuck in an hour, couldn't BHS, but wanted to start learning standing fulls straight away at tumbling. OMG boys sometimes. He now cheers Open 5 (we're in Aus) and his technique and tumbling has vastly improved, and is much safer (after learning in a safe environment for a year) - but it took him a long time to get there.

Boys need to realise this! Trying to "fast-track" and learn like the above will just eventually result in a serious injury that will set you back further than you could ever get ahead/time you could "save". :S

Us guys love a little risk, lol. No but seriously, it looks like it hurts hitting your neck in the video, and it hurts way more when you actually do it. I've done it twice (by accident, and luckily without injury, though that was just pure chance). I used to be like this, feeling all cool trying to flip not caring about form. I admire his want to learn it, certainly, but please. Gyms, mats, pits, and trained/certified coaches (though their certification isn't great) exist for a reason.​

Last summer, watched a bunch of girls from an all-star team do a stunt on the beach and one girl fell on the sand right on her head. Looked like she badly injured her neck. Didn't look good, wasn't moving the extremities and was carted away on an ambulance to the hospital with the halo on the backboard. Hopefully, she wound up better thsn she looked when being taken away in the ambulance.
I shimmy'ed this because you had 66 shimmy's and I'm superstitious haha, and I've seen that happen. Scary stuff. I knew people who did unassisted coed stunts in a McDonald's parking lot just for "fun".....scariest cheer moments of my life.

I will never ever let anyone spot me doing a new skill in a boot... HOWEVER I am never attempting skills again, too old! LOL But on a side note.. guys do learn in stupid ways and this seems typical to me. My advice, this is NEVER a good idea... so if you are reading this, DON'T! Although yes this was quite entertaining!

Back