All-Star Please Pray For Omar

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our family is deeply saddened by the loss of two very talented and loved athletes. We pray today that the families of these two young boys who were taken well before their time will find comfort for their souls from the Lord above. I cannot even contemplate losing a child and no parent should ever have to go through that. These two young men were taken well before their time and I pray today for those whom they left behind to find peace and comfort in these difficult times.

Shane Miller posted a quote as his status today which I believe says it best. I believe in tragedies like these, there is something for all of us to learn from and enrich our lives that we can learn to be more loving toward one another...

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." - Harvey Mackey

This thread is the reason why this sport is so unique, we compete against each other but come together as a family when tough times come around. I truly believe there is no other sport like this. Some may come close but Im sure we are all confident that there is no other sport like this ! RIP Omar and Carlos.. We will never look at the black and yellow the same ! We will wear it for you !

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it'd be easy, they just promised it would be worth it." - Harvey Mackey[/quote]

This quote is on my wall and I read it everyday, it is amazing!

RIP Omar and Carlos!

Sending prayers to all of TOP GUN and the friends and families of these two incredible men and athletes. It makes me so proud to be part of any industry, that even though we may not always get along, we can come together to lift up a team, a gym, and families, in there time of suffering. My heart breaks for what they must be going through, but try to reamin strong and know that both boys are in a better place. Sending many prayers from Louisiana! RIP Omar and Carlos!!! Stay strong Jag Nation! :(

R.I.P Omar and Carlos, It's so sad to think about how Top Gun and their families must feel, I am very sorry and want them to know they are in our prayers.

I can't say I was given the privilege of knowing either of these boys (or blake or Cullen for that matter) and I'm sure so many people are grieving and I'm sure many feel it is unfair, But I hope they find comfort that they are all in a much much much better place and Im sure they are all looking down and smiling for the fact that they are truly loved by so many...my condolences for all who got the gift to know any of these guys...
Heaven seriously has the most fierce team imaginable : )
Yall best bet they are up there winning their own worlds.

From Kristen Rosario (and written to all Top Gun Parents & Athletes)

My Dearest Omar,
I woke up yesterday with anger & pain in my heart. I couldn’t seem to figure out how I was going to find the strength to explain to your fellow teammates & Top Gun family something that even I couldn’t understand. I didn’t know how I could possibly face your parents & tell them anything that would even remotely comfort them. So I set off to the hospital hoping that somehow, someway, I would be able to get through what was about to be one of the hardest days of my life.
Then, when I arrived, I spoke to your sister & she updated me on the severity of your condition. I felt like the very air had been sucked out of my lungs & that the earth stood still. I was lost. I kept asking myself how I was going to be the leader that the gym needed me to be when I couldn’t even stand up straight & pull myself together... and then, it happened…
Your mother, (what an amazingly strong woman) came to me at what must have been the worst moment of her life, and asked me if I would be gracious enough to give her your Top Gun uniform so that you could be buried in the clothing of the place that you were most happy. At that moment my words failed me, I couldn’t react, I couldn’t breathe, I could only cry. To think, that I helped start something 19 years ago that could mean so much to you and in return that meant so much to them. Then, she proceeded to tell me that she’s never seen such an amazing display of love & affection from a group of people as she did from our program in the past 2 days.
Now, as if that was not enough, your father approached me next & shared with me how you had chosen to be a donor because wanted to save as many lives as possible from your one.
It was at that moment that you gave me the strength I needed to continue pushing forward. I realized how blessed I am for doing what I do & for being able to have shared in yours & so many other lives.
Thank you for teaching your teacher!
Rest in peace my angel,
Coach K
Dear Top Gun Family,
As I am faced with what has probably been one of the most heart-wrenching weeks of my life, I am reaching out to ask anyone that has been touched by Omar & his life to please help his family at their time of need. Currently, it is going to cost an unexpected $10,000 for his services, so his family will be grateful with any help we can offer. We will be collecting all donations from today till Friday when his viewing will take place at the Funeraria Memorial, 9800 Coral Way, & then followed by his final services at 6200 SW 77th Ave. We will be sending out more information with times as soon as it is available to us.
Thank you for all your prayers as they were answered for those lives whom Omar has saved.

I am also in the process of putting a Tee on our proshop in which all proceeds will go to the families of Carlos and Omar as well.

Now, as if that was not enough, your father approached me next & shared with me how you had chosen to be a donor because wanted to save as many lives as possible from your one.

Already in tears before I got to this part, but this did me in. I think people have no idea how much this means until it means something to them. Right now this means more to me than I can put into words on a message board. Thank you, Omar. Your gift of life is something that will change so many lives.

So very very sad. Kristin's entry above just broke my heart.
Sending lots of prayers for strength during this difficult time to the Top Gun family.

All I can do is hurt for these two families. I know all too well what it feels like to lose someone so unexpectedly and how hard it is to understand. A parent should never have to put their child to rest. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Top Gun and the families of these two amazing athletes. My parents will be putting both families on the prayer list at their church.

From Kristen Rosario (and written to all Top Gun Parents & Athletes)

My Dearest Omar,
I woke up yesterday with anger & pain in my heart. I couldn’t seem to figure out how I was going to find the strength to explain to your fellow teammates & Top Gun family something that even I couldn’t understand. I didn’t know how I could possibly face your parents & tell them anything that would even remotely comfort them. So I set off to the hospital hoping that somehow, someway, I would be able to get through what was about to be one of the hardest days of my life.
Then, when I arrived, I spoke to your sister & she updated me on the severity of your condition. I felt like the very air had been sucked out of my lungs & that the earth stood still. I was lost. I kept asking myself how I was going to be the leader that the gym needed me to be when I couldn’t even stand up straight & pull myself together... and then, it happened…
Your mother, (what an amazingly strong woman) came to me at what must have been the worst moment of her life, and asked me if I would be gracious enough to give her your Top Gun uniform so that you could be buried in the clothing of the place that you were most happy. At that moment my words failed me, I couldn’t react, I couldn’t breathe, I could only cry. To think, that I helped start something 19 years ago that could mean so much to you and in return that meant so much to them. Then, she proceeded to tell me that she’s never seen such an amazing display of love & affection from a group of people as she did from our program in the past 2 days.
It was at that moment that you gave me the strength I needed to continue pushing forward. I realized how blessed I am for doing what I do & for being able to have shared in yours & so many other lives.
Thank you for teaching your teacher!
Rest in peace my angel,
Coach K
Dear Top Gun Family,
As I am faced with what has probably been one of the most heart-wrenching weeks of my life, I am reaching out to ask anyone that has been touched by Omar & his life to please help his family at their time of need. Currently, it is going to cost an unexpected $10,000 for his services, so his family will be grateful with any help we can offer. We will be collecting all donations from today till Friday when his viewing will take place at the Funeraria Memorial, 9800 Coral Way, & then followed by his final services at 6200 SW 77th Ave. We will be sending out more information with times as soon as it is available to us.
Thank you for all your prayers as they were answered for those lives whom Omar has saved.

I am also in the process of putting a Tee on our proshop in which all proceeds will go to the families of Carlos and Omar as well.
Knowing Kristen and knowing @Drkilluzionz they are incredible coaches/people/mentors to many to the Top Gun and kids from other programs (Cheer Dynamics in MA - Drkilluzionz did our choreography and the kids and I loved him). I know that they love each and everyone of their athletes and my condolences go out to the entire program, families, and to them. This definitely made me full on cry at work. God Bless

Back