All-Star Please Pray For Omar

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am in England, does anyone know if TG can ship here as it simply says it can't calculate it..I would love to show my support with one

Already in tears before I got to this part, but this did me in. I think people have no idea how much this means until it means something to them. Right now this means more to me than I can put into words on a message board. Thank you, Omar. Your gift of life is something that will change so many lives.
I thought about this all morning long and hoped that they'd chosen to share god's gift to them with others. I was crying the second I started reading it. There will be numerous recipients and suddenly think several of them will start throwing SHamazing tumbling passes!

Thank you for all your prayers as they were answered for those lives whom Omar has saved.

I'm going to get a little personal, which is not something I generally do here, but this sentence hit close to home. My father passed away 9 years ago this coming October. He had a dissection of the carotid artery, which caused a stroke, which cause brain swelling, which caused brain death. Because we didn't want to make the decision to turn off the machines, we decided to donate his organs (at this point in our grief, it was a completely different decision). My mom wanted a unanimous agreement to donate from all my siblings and we all agreed. This was on a Monday morning. By Monday evening, I was extremely bitter and resentful at the thought of people being happy and grateful that my father died. I couldn't get past the fact that it was bringing joy to them and their families. I was so sad for myself, that the thought of others being happy for my sadness caused fury. Fast forward to Wednesday night, which was the 1st viewing for my father. There were so many people who came to pay their respects, they were down the street and around the corner. The funeral home had to turn people away because they weren't going to be able to get inside before the viewing was over. That quickly, my resentment and anger was gone. I looked at all the people my father had touched. I realized that the people receiving his organs weren't happy or grateful that my father died, they were happy and grateful that they were going to have a second chance at life. He was touching more people, ones he was never going to know.

I miss my father dearly, and there's never a day that goes by that I don't think of him at least once. He lives within me, and family...and he lives within 5 strangers and their families.

Even though Omar can't be with all of you anymore, he's always going to be with you...and with the recipients and their families, for generations. I'm not big on praying, but all of you have been in my thoughts.

If you want to make a donation does anyone know who to make the check out to? I am assuming I should send it directly to Top Gun.

NJ Coach thank you for sharing that. Right now my friend's 12-year-old son is at the top of the list awaiting a liver transplant. We've all been praying for 2 days harder than I've ever prayed for anything in my life that he gets it. I can't tell you how hard of a prayer that is to say. To know that what I'm praying for is for someone else's lives to be destroyed so that the life of my friend can be saved. So know that the people who receive that gift are fully aware of what it took for them to get it, and it weighs as heavily on them as it does on the giver. I don't really have the right words for what I'm feeling right now, other than that I'm so thankful that people are able to make this impossible decision and give such an amazing gift.

NJ Coach thank you for sharing that. Right now my friend's 12-year-old son is at the top of the list awaiting a liver transplant. We've all been praying for 2 days harder than I've ever prayed for anything in my life that he gets it. I can't tell you how hard of a prayer that is to say. To know that what I'm praying for is for someone else's lives to be destroyed so that the life of my friend can be saved. So know that the people who receive that gift are fully aware of what it took for them to get it, and it weighs as heavily on them as it does on the giver. I don't really have the right words for what I'm feeling right now, other than that I'm so thankful that people are able to make this impossible decision and give such an amazing gift.

It took me a good 2 days for that realization. But, I was never so happy we decided to make that decision then when I saw all the people there. I can't imagine what that phone call would feel like. Having lost my dad, I know how I would have felt if we got a call saying there was a way to save him.

I hope your friend's son gets that phone call soon.

I was trying to get a grasp on our international shipping before I posted the tees on here but our only courier at the moment is Fedex and their rates for shipping look a bit scary...Im going to work on it but I cant promise it right now.

And yes, Top Gun is taking donations...CC over the phone, Checks and Cash via mail or in person and I believe were getting a paypal (that realm is new to me)

Back