Poof Problems. Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
okay so for school cheer and allstars i do a poof and half up half down. my poofs turn out almost perfect but after tumbling or anything it starts to split in half! no matter how much i hairspray it, it still never fails to happen. my hair is parted in the middle so i think that's the reason it's happening but does anyone know how to fix this? it's so annoying and embarrassing when at the end of the day my poof looks like a butt.:confused:someone HELP!!!

Take the section of hair you want in your poof and flat iron it backwards in the shape of a poof. Then once the hair is hot put it in a Velcro roller until it cools. Add some kind of texturizing product, tease in small layers, then hairspray

Use tease powder! I use a Got 2B one that comes in a purple container. It's a white powder that makes your hair "dirty" and does wonders for teasing. Your hair won't move an inch.

I have the same problem! My tips are to spray the heck out of it after teasing! If you can, pull apart the tease gently so it's wider and then scrunch it back together and pin it. When it's all pinned down and put together, spray the front of it. Take an old toothbrush and spray hairspray on the brush part and comb that on the front of the poof where your part is. If it helps, I use Aussie instant freeze hairspray :) works like a charm! One more thing, don't tease it in sections if possible. Tease it all together! One big piece. That's what I do so it doesn't move!

Search "spirit of Texas hair tutorial" on YouTube it has cami Branson in it and it's an amazing video. Also Aussie freeze spray is amazing and locks the tease into your hair.

Back