Poofs, Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2012
Some gyms make their cheerleaders have poofs in their hair when they compete. Do you like them or do you think cheerleaders shouldn't have poofs?

I love love love poofs!

On the other hand very few gyms has their kids doing them the same way! I think unless you are going to do a class on them so everyone's looks the same then dont do it.

a6cd0a22-d74e-b71d.jpg

Most people did little ones, or pointy ones or weird ones.. Then you have my child who had the biggest poof every competition. Hers is hard to see in this pic so here it is
a6cd0a22-d7bc-ed65.jpg

Not saying the one I did is better because there is things I don't like about it but people would ask how I did mine... I would tell them and still none of us could look the same. So as much as I loved it I realize now that it probably looked better with no poof!

I do like when the team does something other than just a regular straight ponytail, but only if the whole team is consistent. At our last comp on my cp's J3 team, they all were allowed to do poofs and loved it. As a parent having to do my kids hair, however, I'm not always super happy to mess with one other thing...lol.

We call them bumps, and they look good either with a pony-tail, hair half-up half-down, with curls or without. It just adds more to the hair and sets off a bow nice-but not if the bump is so big is obscures the bow! :)

Back