Poofs, Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i LOVE poofs! i'm on the right in my avatar & do my poofs the same way alexamarysouza does hers:)

BowCat if you wear your hair in a side part it's really easy! this probably won't make sense cause side poofiness is hard to explain but i'll try.. i figured it out 1 day just messing around with my hair lol

if you don't already wear one, part your hair to the side so that 1 side has more hair than the other. the side poof is from the side that has more hair so section off what will go into the poof by taking hair from about where your eye ends then round it to the back of your head. you can tease parts of it if you want it to have a little more height but you don't pull the hair back you keep it going to the side (so you would have to kinda tease to the side) & pull it around to the back to make it in the middle of your head. thats basically it then you just pin it to your head & pull the rest back into a pony/half up half down! i hope i helped instead of confused you but i tried:D

I like poofs and while ive obviously never needed to put my hair in a poof my gym did decide to do that this past season. When done right they looked awesome however ALOT of people had trouble doing it right and a lot of people complained about headaches from the ridiculous amount of bobby pins needed to keep it up. Of course about 9 times out of 10 the poofs were gone at the end of performing. I do like how they look but something simpler can be just as good as long as the whole program has the same style hair. the uniform look is very appealing.
just curious, where do you cheer? lol I see NC

I do Irish Step Dance too and people call us wig heads because of the full-head curl wigs we wear! I wear poof with the wig too! I'm obsessed with poofs because it gives you more dimension when the lights are on you! Just as more makeup makes you stand out! :)

i love poofs and im obsessed with them but if the whole teams doesnt look exactly the same then it can look stupid on the mat but it really bothers me when you cant even see the bow cuz the poof is too big ppl need to understand the bow came 1st the poof is just an extra

Back