Poofs, Yay Or Nay?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've been known in my gym for good poofs lol.I've always got a line of people waiting for me to do theirs. My secret is that I use a tiny black rubber hair tie to hold it back,then I fix it to make it look good,Bobby pin it back,and then put my pony tail up.the black band keeps it in place very well and makes it much easier to manage.
The girls in my gym tend to do straight ponies, which is technically our required comp hair,but my friend Sarah and i decided to curl for a small regional, and when we won,we knew we had to do it for the rest of the season.cheerleaders and our superstitions lol.But I really think that curls look best on longer hair...short hair turns to a nub.unless you're on GBE Lime and you have the cute bob...dif story.
Heres some examples...I know I've posted this pic somewhere on the boards before, but I'm on the right.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/422024_2434835169075_1855448970_n.jpg
Not sure if that worked,I'm doing this from an iPad.
On the left.me with cassidyworsham :)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/403635_2211822673902_127611845_n.jpg

I love love love poofs!! I had bangs all through high school and if my bangs weren't poofed or braided they were out of my pony tail and in my face by the end of the day. Poofs add a little pizzaz and help offset some of the "bald" look when you're blonde and your hair is pulled back tight.

Lawlzz except that's cheetahs

tumblr_m5bk9w1pmI1qfy18h.jpg

I like poofs and while ive obviously never needed to put my hair in a poof my gym did decide to do that this past season. When done right they looked awesome however ALOT of people had trouble doing it right and a lot of people complained about headaches from the ridiculous amount of bobby pins needed to keep it up. Of course about 9 times out of 10 the poofs were gone at the end of performing. I do like how they look but something simpler can be just as good as long as the whole program has the same style hair. the uniform look is very appealing.

I love side poofiness, like several WCSS do, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it... you'd think it'd be so simple, then it's not :confused:

Back