All-Star Poor Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Fameous MOM

Cheer Parent
Feb 9, 2011
Rant.... after NCA medium senior we were standing outside of the arena with my daughters team. We had an amazing day 1 and day 2 was not so good. We ended in 4th and our girls were happy with that and super happy for Spirit of Texas. As we were standing there a mom (won't post gym) is literally screaming and cursing that Super Seniors (my daughter's team) should never be ahead of her kids team and how her cp's team was so much above our team. It was sad to see a grown up act that way! My poor cp was horrified! I love the program of this lady but this made me a little bitter.
I have taught my daughter to win and lose graciously. You shouldn't expect to win when you do not hit your routine! All these kids want to do well and as an adult we should lift all of them up and not put them down because you don't like where your team placed! Rant over sorry....

Rant.... after NCA medium senior we were standing outside of the arena with my daughters team. We had an amazing day 1 and day 2 was not so good. We ended in 4th and our girls were happy with that and super happy for Spirit of Texas. As we were standing there a mom (won't post gym) is literally screaming and cursing that Super Seniors (my daughter's team) should never be ahead of her kids team and how her cp's team was so much above our team. It was sad to see a grown up act that way! My poor cp was horrified! I love the program of this lady but this made me a little bitter.
I have taught my daughter to win and lose graciously. You shouldn't expect to win when you do not hit your routine! All these kids want to do well and as an adult we should lift all of them up and not put them down because you don't like where your team placed! Rant over sorry....
Unfortunately, we've all been there. It always saddens me when I hear athletes say things along those lines, but when it's the parent, it's just unbelievable. Don't let it get to you. Supers were great this weekend. I've been impressed with them all season long.

Unfortunately, we've all been there. It always saddens me when I hear athletes say things along those lines, but when it's the parent, it's just unbelievable. Don't let it get to you. Supers were great this weekend. I've been impressed with them all season long.
Thank you! Supers is my daughter's dream team and we are so proud to be a part of it this season!

There's always bad apples in the bunch. Congrats on a great showing! They looked amazing (only saw video for day 1) but I was happy to see they placed well!

I think they need to hand out xanax to some of these parents at the beginning of day ! I have heard so many parents bash other teams. I am pretty shy outside the boards and I am kind of invisible so people say stuff and don't even realize I am there. The things parents say about the teams in their own gym are bad enough then don't get me started on the other teams. I loved hearing parents talk about the one team in the gym I was in as the "dump" team. Meaning they take anyone who comes in and dump them on that team. Then they head to Dallas and all the parents are embarassed.

That is crazy! Super Seniors are one of mine and CP's favorite teams and were amazing both days. I chant when they come out and love doing the "S" thing that they do in their jumps. I think sometimes people think I have a kid on the team. :D

I'm not quite sure how you controlled yourself but kudos to you because I probably would not have. I hate that there are people like that but as others have said, there are some on every team at every gym.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I'm passive aggressive enough that my response would have been to *quite loudly* tell my CP how proud I was of her team, and say something about ignoring the poor sportsmanship.

I hate it when people forget they are impacting kids with that type of behavior, there really isn't a good excuse for that. On the plus side, fourth in that division is awesome! Congrats!

Not just parents. Athletes too. It happens. I like to laugh it off. My CPs team got 6th in the small Sr level 2. I told her being at NCA competing with some of the BEST teams is an honor by itself. Who would have thought a little girl who started with rec and is now only on her second year of allstar would have attended the biggest most prestigious competition of the competition world?!? So be happy and she was!!! They worked hard, all the teams did!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've decided that someone will be salty no matter who places where. Especially if they don't have much understanding of the scoring system, what skills are more difficult than others, or don't understand technique.

Be happy your kid even competed at NCA. I'm sure there are lots of athletes that would love to and for a variety of reasons will never get there.

I think parents get upset when they go to these comps and expect results and don't get them. They vent in the wrong places!!! I agree parents need to be handed out Xanax at these comps. Often they don't understand scoring or difficulty or anything other than little suzies team hit but the other team fell. But then you added in the full team ... Standing fulls and 57 doubles they had plus their flyers didn't move a muscle and you see where it comes in. I honestly when I go want to see the whole division hit. I get upset when other teams against my cp fall. I'm like crap. I feel so bad for the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back