All-Star Poor Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i just ventured into the Competitions section, and on the advertisement for CL3, it says there will be a live chat room to discuss "who's hot, and who's, well...not."

they are directly encouraging trash talk about performances/athletes/gyms.
When? What site?

i just ventured into the Competitions section, and on the advertisement for CL3, it says there will be a live chat room to discuss "who's hot, and who's, well...not."

That's ridiculous.

This has made me uncomfortable since I joined the boards but I was too new at the time to question it. I refer to it as cheer person, because that is all that my kid is. I wonder who originally created the term?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I think that's why most of the parents on the board refer to our kids as little or mini version of our screen name and use cp to refer to general cheer kids.

I saw this, what are they thinking? Sad, and definitely not anti-bullying. Some PR person somewhere needs to be fired!

I recognize this is a poor sportsmanship thread but there isn't a good sportsmanship thread (not that I could locate anyway). And I want to give credit where credit is due.

This past weekend my CP competed at NCA on a L3 Small Senior Coed team. Our team had the highest score following Day 1. But the scores were close among the top three contenders in our division. Often a close race can fuel hostility among competitors. But, after performing on Day 2 our team ran into the second and third place teams backstage. Quite literally actually since my CP passed out while coming off stage. It was the athletes on those teams that caught my CP and helped get her to the Medic. We were pleasantly surprised to find that these teams were comprised of the nicest group of athletes you could imagine. These teams were Fierce Black Cats and Twist and Shout Senior Honor. Kudos to these gyms, their coaches and parents, and the athletes for exemplifying good sportsmanship. It was a pleasure to compete against such a nice group of athletes. I am sure that the remaining teams in our division were equally nice but unfortunately we never had the opportunity to meet them.

If anyone reading this has contact with either the Fierce Cats or Senior Honors gym owners/directors or coaches please pass on my gratitude for a job well done with their athletes. Likewise I intend to send a note to these gyms complimenting them on their athletes.

I recognize this is a poor sportsmanship thread but there isn't a good sportsmanship thread (not that I could locate anyway). And I want to give credit where credit is due.

There's a "Happy Thread" where people are sharing similar stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has made me uncomfortable since I joined the boards but I was too new at the time to question it. I refer to it as cheer person, because that is all that my kid is. I wonder who originally created the term?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I always say "my daughter" when I refer to her in a post. I have never used the CP term. I don't mind that other people do, but it just wasn't for me :)

Everything said here is entirely true.

I would take the time to articulate why this is so true but I haven't got the time.

But I will say that for me, the trueness of this statement is most evidenced by the fact that "CP" on this board stands for "cheer princess".... While the whole "cp" seems simple and non important on the outside I think the whole idea of a "cheer princess" just adds to the whole climate and notion thinking about behavior and expectations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember seeing some debate over cheer's athleticism happen in a comment section somewhere, and an all star cheer mom said something to the effect of "my little all-star [cheerleader] practices many hours a week for cheer!" And some dude mocked her for calling her daughter an all star because he thought that she was saying it as a way to praise her daughter; he didn't realize that she was actually talking about allstar cheerleading.

When I first joined I couldn't figured out what CP was, I was used to seeing DD or DS used. After a bit I thought perhaps it meant cheer person and figured out later it meant cheer princess/prince. In my head I just read it as cee-pee;)

I had a crazy cheer lady from a well known and well liked gym in Florida (no not Topgun, i swear.) message some of my friends on Facebook and called them "Fat disgusting pigs" and criticized their tumbling, makeup choice, and made fun of them for issues going on in their personal life (i dont even know how she found out about those things). It was a big ole mess. The strangest thing was that she wasn't a cheerleader, didn't have any kids who were cheerleaders, and lived almost 5 hours away from us. She was just crazy.

Long story short, i found out where she worked and emailed her boss. oppsy

Rant.... after NCA medium senior we were standing outside of the arena with my daughters team. We had an amazing day 1 and day 2 was not so good. We ended in 4th and our girls were happy with that and super happy for Spirit of Texas. As we were standing there a mom (won't post gym) is literally screaming and cursing that Super Seniors (my daughter's team) should never be ahead of her kids team and how her cp's team was so much above our team. It was sad to see a grown up act that way! My poor cp was horrified! I love the program of this lady but this made me a little bitter.
I have taught my daughter to win and lose graciously. You shouldn't expect to win when you do not hit your routine! All these kids want to do well and as an adult we should lift all of them up and not put them down because you don't like where your team placed! Rant over sorry....

I think you should send an email to that gym and detail the behavior that went on. I will say our NCA experience we had a parent act super nasty (had I know for sure which gym I would have emailed them). But then we had another group of parents from another gym give us such a great experience I emailed that gym and thanked them for having parents and athletes that exemplified the spirit of cheer.

I think you should send an email to that gym and detail the behavior that went on. I will say our NCA experience we had a parent act super nasty (had I know for sure which gym I would have emailed them). But then we had another group of parents from another gym give us such a great experience I emailed that gym and thanked them for having parents and athletes that exemplified the spirit of cheer.
You know Spirit of Texas A team parents were amazing. I may email them and let them know!

I had a crazy cheer lady from a well known and well liked gym in Florida (no not Topgun, i swear.) message some of my friends on Facebook and called them "Fat disgusting pigs" and criticized their tumbling, makeup choice, and made fun of them for issues going on in their personal life (i dont even know how she found out about those things). It was a big ole mess. The strangest thing was that she wasn't a cheerleader, didn't have any kids who were cheerleaders, and lived almost 5 hours away from us. She was just crazy.

Long story short, i found out where she worked and emailed her boss. oppsy
Wow that is crazy!!!!

Back