All-Star Poor Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aol
I totally agree with everything you stated...Be a gracious loser, go home and cry in your pillow or whine at home with your folks and scratch that competition off your schedule, learn from the mistakes and loudly say, NEXT!

PS: This is exactly the advice I gave my daughter the 1st time her team lost the 2nd season, after a flawless 1st season...
definitely! no one wins ALL the time, ESPECIALLY in cheer. so be humble and keep it pushing!

Last edited:
While I totally agree with the concept of getting life lessons out of losses, calling the winning team unethical and cheaters isn't quite the lesson I think I would choose.
Explaining that the world exists with people willing to compromise their principles and behave unethically is different than standing at awards and calling a team cheaters. As a matter of fact I told her to be the bigger person and I had her congratulate the winning team. I also refused to allow her to trash talk the team or allude to the team cheating at all on social media or with teammates etc. .

Sorry. I don't agree that building a stacked team is unethical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I disagree. When a gym isn't planning to attend NCA. So they decide to form a team and attend NCA "for the experience". Except their team is comprised of L3, L4 and L5 athletes (even Worlds athletes) and they compete at NCA as a L2 team, that is unethical.

I think the word unethical is one of those words that has a million and one definitions and differ greatly from person to person.

This weekend SL was in a division of 6 and against one team that I guess you could kinda call a rival (the gyms are close location wise)---they took 2nd, we took 3rd. My mom asked me yesterday if I was going to move SL to rival gym and when I asked why she said because they beat us. My mom is one of those win at any costs people, I guarantee she would be totally fine with the NCA L2 team that is really Level 5 athletes and not find it unethical at all---she'd call it smart. Different strokes for different folks. And because I'm nothing like her, I quickly reminded her that we had the opportunity to pick that gym before I even knew about ours and there was no way we would go there.

Explaining that the world exists with people willing to compromise their principles and behave unethically is different than standing at awards and calling a team cheaters. As a matter of fact I told her to be the bigger person and I had her congratulate the winning team. I also refused to allow her to trash talk the team or allude to the team cheating at all on social media or with teammates etc. .
I was, admittedly, commenting based on how you presented yourself in your post. I'm glad you were more diplomatic in how you approached your CP. My point does remain the same though. Whatever lesson you choose to present to your child, is an argument likely to to stick with them. It's pretty obvious you thought the loss was unfair. But kudos to you for asking your CP to be gracious about it.

Definitely happened...think it was a local. Right @CoachMandiCF

That's it! I heard about two large programs coaches brawling at awards last year. Never made it to the boards though. Which was even more surprising.

And now it made it to the boards so spill the details...
I really don't have any details. I wasn't there. I heard some coaches from FAME and CEA got into a rumble at a local event. I have no idea why or who specifically was involved though. That's all the tea I have on that.

ETA: this was last season too. Not even recent

Last edited:
I really don't have any details. I wasn't there. I heard some coaches from FAME and CEA got into a rumble at a local event. I have no idea why or who specifically was involved though. That's all the tea I have on that.

ETA: this was last season too. Not even recent

I don't believe either were from the main gyms...they were both satellite, franchise or whatever the heck we're calling them...at least the CEA ones weren't from the main gym as I remember.

I don't believe either were from the main gyms...they were both satellite, franchise or whatever the heck we're calling them...at least the CEA ones weren't from the main gym as I remember.
I missed that brawl lol

I will say parents are bad... But overreacting gym owners are worse! A gym from Norristown Pa was at a small comp against one other Y3 team. The team started the routine with one girl missing on the floor and once they realized and saw the girl coming on to the floor the gym owner ran on to the floor to get the girl (not sure why) the kid ran past her to her stunt and the flyer fell to the ground (luckily she wasn't hurt) and the 2 gym owners were having a big argument in front of the whole comp and finally he went up to the judges (while his Y3 team was STILL performing) begging the judges for a restart and that his team wasn't ready (mind you he was the one who gave the thumbs up for the start). They didn't get the restart and instead of losing fairly to the other team, he made his Y3 an exhibition team! So so so embarrassing!
They couldn't just wait 2.5 minutes? SMH.

And I would kill for brawl details/footage. LMAO

I will say parents are bad... But overreacting gym owners are worse! A gym from Norristown Pa was at a small comp against one other Y3 team. The team started the routine with one girl missing on the floor and once they realized and saw the girl coming on to the floor the gym owner ran on to the floor to get the girl (not sure why) the kid ran past her to her stunt and the flyer fell to the ground (luckily she wasn't hurt) and the 2 gym owners were having a big argument in front of the whole comp and finally he went up to the judges (while his Y3 team was STILL performing) begging the judges for a restart and that his team wasn't ready (mind you he was the one who gave the thumbs up for the start). They didn't get the restart and instead of losing fairly to the other team, he made his Y3 an exhibition team! So so so embarrassing!

What.

I cannot understand what's happening here.

He gave the "good to start" thumbs up while he was missing a kid?

Back