Pop Warner

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@catlady I found a lot of different size charts for the Alleson company and I think it's because each is from a different sport. They do clothes across multiple and each have their own catalog.

There is a PDF for the 2016 catalog on their website and I found a link for the 14-15 and the numbers aren't different, so assuming this is an elastic skirt or elastic fitted skirt it would be considered an XS.

It sounds like they got sent a mislabeled batch and no one caught it in time or they were put through the wash incorrectly and shrunk.

@SL&AM I agree. When she posted the 18" waist on the skirt I knew there was an issue but, couldn't determine if it was a 4-6" problem or a 6-8" problem based on their size charts. Either way, I can understand why these kids would be complaining, that's a huge discrepancy and it's a shame it wasn't taken care of in time.

@yellow laces I understand the issues with the warm up and uniform would be extremely frustrating. I'll be honest though, when it comes to non-profits that are mainly run by parent volunteers, I don't set my expectations very high. These organizations are often so desperate for volunteers that they end up revolving the program around what the volunteers are willing to do versus the program rules. I know our GS troop was desperate for a leader and I finally agreed to do it but, told them point blank I don't do camping or woods. A few parents went to the district leader upset their child would never get to camp as a troop and the DL handed them the forms for background checks and certification. Their kids never went camping or in the woods as a troop.

I will, also, tell you when it comes to deadlines and collecting money, parents do not all have the same sense of urgency....some, just have none. Volunteers are often expected to call, email, group me, face book, hunt down, and beg for parents to pay on time to meet product deadline. Then when they are missing several athletes collection, they (the parent or program) either takes the blame for it being late or covers the costs of missing athletes and hopes they will eventually get paid back. When there are issues, the parent volunteer emails the appropriate person and basically regurgitates the information they are given back to the parents. Thus, I kind of understand how the "that's the way they're supposed to fit" thing happened.

So, I was able to get ahold.of someone at Alleson, he emailed me the specs on the skirt. The relaxed waist measurement is exactly what it is supposed to be, 8.5 inches side to side.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This is the chart they emailed me.

a493e8cdea4da0796c6137e67e445bd8.jpg

If you're determined to stay because of the money you have already spent, consider this- either way, whether you kid cheers or not, that money is gone. If your kid is unhappy then you are now paying for a poorly run organization and a cranky kid. If you leave, then you are paying for a poorly run organization to help finish the season but your kid will be happy and have the freedom to explore other options.

In that case they likely didn't order enough of the right sizes and therefore are handing out what they have.

This is the chart they emailed me.

a493e8cdea4da0796c6137e67e445bd8.jpg

I am 100% sure this spec sheet was not given to, nor what the fit coordinator went by to size athletes. I went to their catalog to find this skirt and it appears it is discontinued. They list two different fit charts for elastic waist skirts depending on style. The first is 22 1/2"-23 1/2", the second is 23"-25". It's water under the bridge but, if this skirt is 17" in circumference at rest with a 1/16" waist elastic tolerance, there is no way you can stretch that skirt to a comfortable 22 1/2". If you are determined to get new skirts, then I would ask for the customer service manager, acknowledge it is way over the exchange policy, point out the discrepancy in the fit chart and specs, and suggest they sell you replacements at 50% off which is typically their cost. Do I think they are likely to accept that offer after this much time has passed? No but, if you are this determined, it is worth a try.

Can she do that as just a parent, not a representative of the league who purchased the items?

Knowing the skirts are how they really are supposed to be, even though the design seems flawed, I am just going to move on.

Can you order a skirt for your daughter yourself? You said they were inexpensive right? Then it would fit properly and if you stay with this organization she would have it for next year.

If less than $25 you are talking about one trip through a drive through. I would just order my own. That kind of money would be worth my daughters comfort for the remainder of the season. And if there are a few of you who want one combine with other mom's and save on shipping.

Update. I just got word that the cheer coordinator is no more. I wish I had the full scoop, but I do not. We have a new coordinator who I bet has a big mess to clear up.

Also, I did just find out the first set of our $35 bows that are stained and falling apart were made by the coordinator's mother. They certainly did not look like a bow made by anyone who knew what they were doing. A large number fell apart during their first wear.

Fantastic! I hope the new coordinator will improve this experience for all of you.

The coordinator did not coach. But I just heard through the grapevine that her mother was fired as well as her sister. I don't know what her sister's affiliation was. It definitely confirms my suspension that things weren't right. I am sure there is going to be a rough transition period, but if things are looking on the up and up, I will be excited to continue with the program. Assuming my daughter wants to continue

Lol, suspicion not suspension. I am not good. At posting on my phone.

Back