Pop Warner

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So the PW regional director/coordinator and your local program coordinator AND the sister of your local coordinator were all removed?

**Maybe I should try a new hobby**

That is what I am hearing. Regional spirit coordinator, local coordinator and a sister whom I am not familiar with her role in the organization were all "fired" from their positions. My information is forth hand at best so there may be some flaws in my knowledge. But yeah, something big must have gone down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I know I am beating a dead horse at this point here. But I wanted to clarify that the regional coordinator was not removed, only our team coordinator and her sister who was a coach. The new coordinator wouldn't say what happened other than there were a lot of rules broken and that one of the other teams needed a whole new routine.

And I found out today that those $75 warm ups that were required for the season that were paid for in mid-August were never ordered even though the season is more than half over. They had to resize everyone this week. Four games in, still no spanks.

They also dropped our 7-9 Friday night practice to give it to one of the older teams. We weren't the only ones that had it bad, one of the other teams had 8-10AM practice Sunday morning then games at 11:00. We still have 8:30 am games and practice at noon. This morning we traveled and had 15 minutes at home to change and eat.

I am secretly hoping the other teams do not go on to nationals this year. I am out of people to sell to and cannot afford to buy out another fundraiser for something that has no benefit to my daughter. The parents said that last year the made the younger team parents come back to fundraise for the older teams to travel even though their season was over. Then pulled out the contract to play and cited obligation to do it in a line that said something like 'Fundraisers may be required'.

How do other teams pay for travel for things like nationals? Would it be standard to require other teams to sell more fund raisers to pay for it?

Our organization organizes bake sales every Sunday during the season. Usuallly 2 locations 4 hour shifts with 4 cheerleaders per shift. The kids usually average about 100 ea per shift.

Also we host a Monte Carlo night each year as a fundraiser. It's some work- but the kids get 75% of each ticket sale - we have quite a few sponsors to off set the cost of the event. Tickets sell for 50 each - I usually end up paying for my daughter national fees with that event alone.

I know I am beating a dead horse at this point here. But I wanted to clarify that the regional coordinator was not removed, only our team coordinator and her sister who was a coach. The new coordinator wouldn't say what happened other than there were a lot of rules broken and that one of the other teams needed a whole new routine.

And I found out today that those $75 warm ups that were required for the season that were paid for in mid-August were never ordered even though the season is more than half over. They had to resize everyone this week. Four games in, still no spanks.

They also dropped our 7-9 Friday night practice to give it to one of the older teams. We weren't the only ones that had it bad, one of the other teams had 8-10AM practice Sunday morning then games at 11:00. We still have 8:30 am games and practice at noon. This morning we traveled and had 15 minutes at home to change and eat.

I am secretly hoping the other teams do not go on to nationals this year. I am out of people to sell to and cannot afford to buy out another fundraiser for something that has no benefit to my daughter. The parents said that last year the made the younger team parents come back to fundraise for the older teams to travel even though their season was over. Then pulled out the contract to play and cited obligation to do it in a line that said something like 'Fundraisers may be required'.

How do other teams pay for travel for things like nationals? Would it be standard to require other teams to sell more fund raisers to pay for it?

For us it was really up to each team/person to fundraise for themselves if their team moved on.

**See,I can play nice with others**

If your team is called back to fundraiser I'd simply say no---there is literally no way to force any of the parents to do it.

As for our local PW; each team is required to do their own if they make it to National's and beyond.

@yellow laces I personally would not fundraiser for any team but my own child's and I would not continue to be part of a program that requires you to do so for older teams.

Back