Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SharkDad

Most Positive, Best Parent '12
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 15, 2009
I was listening to some music today and it made me think of making a playlist that is all positive either to put you in a good mood when things aren't going so well or pump you up before competition.

The catch is for all this music to be positive, no negative angry music or adult stuff your grandparents would cringe at. A lot of pump-me-up music nowadays is rap, garage band or hip-hop with lots of swearing or references to things we shouldn't be playing in public. It doesn't have to be all slow ballads either, there are some great fast-paced positive songs out there.

So here are some rules:

1. No explicit lyrics
2. No swearing
3. No negativity
4. No references to drugs
5. Everyone post and every once and a while I'll try to include into one list, or anyone can if I am slow at it.
6. Anyone can recommend a song be removed for anything from rules 1-3. This playlist should be positive for EVERYONE!

Have fun. . . .

FAST SONGS:

Just haven't met you yet - Micheal Buble
Welcome to the Jungle -
Brighter than the Sun -

SLOW SONGS:
Hero - Bette Midler
Someone like you

I was listening to some music today and it made me think of making a playlist that is all positive either to put you in a good mood when things aren't going so well or pump you up before competition.

The catch is for all this music to be positive, no negative angry music or adult stuff your grandparents would cringe at. A lot of pump-me-up music nowadays is rap, garage band or hip-hop with lots of swearing or references to things we shouldn't be playing in public. It doesn't have to be all slow ballads either, there are some great fast-paced positive songs out there.

So here are some rules:

1. No explicit lyrics
2. No swearing
3. No negativity
4. No references to drugs
5. Everyone post and every once and a while I'll try to include into one list, or anyone can if I am slow at it.
6. Anyone can recommend a song be removed for anything from rules 1-3. This playlist should be positive for EVERYONE!

Have fun. . . .
I really love this idea. I have been working on something similar for our gym, so that we don't need to listen to the radio during open gym or tumbling practices. It seems like there aren't any options on the radio that ARE appropriate for all ages, even the pop stations that are marketing to the high school students are flooded with music that I wouldn't even think about blaring in my gym.

Sadly, I have been at events and turned around to see 8 year old on my mini team singing the words to Kesha..I am not conservative but I DO find it disturbing to see kids singing songs about sex & drugs & getting drunk. They don't even realize what they are saying.

Ok, so before I post anything, Im just gonna let you know, I have a really weird taste in music. I love anything from screamo, to indie, to classical and broadway, so..... XD Here ya goooooo!!

Unbreakable by FireFlight. Kind of like a "you said I cant do it, but here I am, and I am unbreakable" kind of song. :3

Open Your Eyes by Guano Apes. To me, this song is about pushing past your mental blocks, opening your mind and knowing you can do it. And yes, thats a girl singing.

Hallelujah by Paramore. "This time we're not giving up. Lets make this last forever. Screaming hallelujah. We'll make this last forever." No matter what the outcome, you have to push through, and dont give up. Try your best, and time will show you who you are and what you are capable of.

Reinventing your exit by UnderOath. This song just makes me want to get up and flip around everywhere. :)

Vox Populi by 30 Seconds to Mars. Totally on my tumbling mix. :3 "Did you ever believe? Were you ever a dreamer?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTMrlHHVx8A&ob=av2n
Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars. LOVELOVELOVE this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wiFq9LrACU
The Fantasy by 30 Seconds To Mars. YES, I love this band! Theyre music inspires me and plus theyre great in concert!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzOOQfhPFg
Just a Girl by No Doubt. This is has been my song since I was like... born... xD When I own my own gym, my all girl level 5 team is SO tumbling to this. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IfmGt--xqM
Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Punpkins!!!!!! One of my all time favorite songs. "Believe in me as I believe in you tonight. <3" I think this would be so cool as a pyramid song...

This is just right off the top of my head! I hope these dont break any rules. :/ lol

Okay this song swears, but it's not overly terrible, and I don't really know any other words in it
but Hell Yeah by Rev Theory is my favourite song to run to.
Also, if anyone's into instrumentals, Heart Of Courage by Two Steps From Hell always pumps me up :p

Ok, so before I post anything, Im just gonna let you know, I have a really weird taste in music. I love anything from screamo, to indie, to classical and broadway, so..... XD Here ya goooooo!!

Vox Populi by 30 Seconds to Mars. Totally on my tumbling mix. :3 "Did you ever believe? Were you ever a dreamer?"

This is just right off the top of my head! I hope these dont break any rules. :/ lol

:[ this is messed up. :/ Heres the vox populi video...

I hope the links are right XD

Okay this song swears, but it's not overly terrible, and I don't really know any other words in it
but Hell Yeah by Rev Theory is my favourite song to run to.
Also, if anyone's into instrumentals, Heart Of Courage by Two Steps From Hell always pumps me up :p

Great suggestions by all so far. Have to compile them to a list. . .

chyeeaaa69 I'm glad you are tying to keep it clean but I don't knwo if we can expect "squeeky." I was trying to keep the major 4-letter words out (f-bomb, d-word, b-word descrption of ladies, etc). I would allow h - e - double hockey sticks, but then of course anyone can recommend a song be removed. . . .

Back