All-Star Positive Playlist

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe I can fly - R Kelly
Must have done something right - Reliant K
Heart of a Champion - Nelly
The Champ - Nelly
Determinate - Lemonade Mouth

And "Higher Ground could be about smoking trees, "Hurt" is definitely about heroin abuse and "Southern Cross" is pretty mch about being an alcoholic and screwing up your life...but those last two are also about feelings and pain and redemption and strength. I choose to look at them that way.
that was pretty much my point...I chose not delve into every one of the songs for obvious reasons (like the ones you mentioned), but I was making a joke about the word "freak" and pointing out how harmless one song is to one person could be perceived as foul/inappropriate to another bc of one simple word (shi*) being the example in the Pink song. It's all very subjective imo (I'm certainly the least restrictive person regarding music, I assure you...I don't censor at all, but I try to respect that not everyone feels the same way). :cool:

that was pretty much my point...I chose not delve into every one of the songs for obvious reasons (like the ones you mentioned), but I was making a joke about the word "freak" and pointing out how harmless one song is to one person could be perceived as foul/inappropriate to another bc of one simple word (shi*) being the example in the Pink song. It's all very subjective imo (I'm certainly the least restrictive person regarding music, I assure you...I don't censor at all, but I try to respect that not everyone feels the same way). :cool:

I gotcha. Guess I just I'm just in "put it all out there" mode. ufomom , I'm going in time out now.
Wait, xtremeteal4life has a BIG eye , too...

Yeah I have many songs that pump me up. But on that I use to always listen to during track season before a race was E-40 Go hard or Go home. There is a clean version even though I didn't listen to it.

I also like to listen to anything Beyonce it puts me in a "fierce" mood and make's me feel like I can take on anything that is thrown toward me and my gym's way that comp day. :cool:

"Simply the Best" Tina Turner
"Eye of the Tiger" Survivor
"Free Fallin" Tom Petty
"You Get What You Give" New Radicals
"All Star" Smash Mouth :D
"Don't Stop Believing" Journey
"Not Afraid" and "Lose Yourself" Eminem

Back