All-Star Posting Other Teams Videos On Youtube Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This particular event was 1) broadcasted and recorded live on cheerlive. Anyone who's willing to give them some money can see these routines. 2) i would say 95% of the people in attendance have some sort of recording device at least on the phones, so there really can be no expectation that you won't be recorded.

I figure, if you're getting posted on youtube, take it as a compliment :)

I never understood this. You're competing in an arena with hundreds of spectators so it's safe to assume that between all the camera's and/or cellular devices with video options, that SOMEBODY may video your routine. I'm sure you have watched other teams routines on YouTube it's pretty much the same thing. I mean I am sure coaches are pretty smart and know what they need to do to max out the score sheet, so if you hit your routine does it REALLY matter who post it on youtube....it is what it is. It's competition season, that's what people do LOL

So, I saw y'all's videos on his channel and ours. If you read the comments on our j4 and j3 videos we have been begging him to remove them. The guy is from woodlands and he actually sat right beside me at ASC and told me he was videoing. I assumed he was doing their many teams but didn't realize he did ours too! Our owner is very upset and we can't seem to get him to remove them! So good luck!

Cheerlive was at both events in houston this past weekend. And he had permission by the competitions to video.
Now days everyone's videos goes up. It's not just yours. Ours and several gyms around the country are up.

Cheerlive was at both events in houston this past weekend. And he had permission by the competitions to video.
Now days everyone's videos goes up. It's not just yours. Ours and several gyms around the country are up.

I completely get it!! I use to video our old gym and post them on YouTube every competition. I don't mind that he videoed; I only asked nicely on a comment if he would remove them because our owner sent an email to the parents about it. Our girls all took home first place that comp and beat out the other teams he posted so I'm definitely not ashamed of the videos! So I agree with everyone on here but I just do as I'm asked ... Lol

I found out today someone from a different gym has been posting videos of other teams comp. performances. In fact they posted us from our last 2 comp. Why would they do that? Very disappointing.
i had the same problem last year. someone was posting team videos from various comps we went to. I had a problem with this because it was MY child in the video not theirs. My daughters teams make us parents sign waivers that they have our permission to post vides and pics and im fine with that. I think its creepy that some stranger is posting videos on you tube of other peoples kids. I complained you you tube and had the videos removed.

i had the same problem last year. someone was posting team videos from various comps we went to. I had a problem with this because it was MY child in the video not theirs. My daughters teams make us parents sign waivers that they have our permission to post vides and pics and im fine with that. I think its creepy that some stranger is posting videos on you tube of other peoples kids. I complained you you tube and had the videos removed.
forgot to mention that the creeper was not a parent of my daughters squad or an EP.

Its almost 2013. The world is going electronic. If its high profile, I always ask the gym owner for permission (example, I posted ICE Lady Lightning after I had approval from the gym owner). I only ask because I really like to be the only ones posting the videos so I can monitor comments, etc. (Really, Id prefer to just disable them most of the time)

IMO if you do it and you are not affiliated with the program whose video is being posted, this is the correct way to do it.

unless the intention was to make another program look bad, I don't see a problem with cheer fans posting other teams videos on a public forum.

Lets take CEA as an example they put their video out themselves first before anyone else has a chance to do it. Why? I suppose they know once they compete its fair game to all. What they post isn't always perfect, but they put it all out there anyway. Before anyone else has a chance to. Then it's no longer an issue.

Exactly. Someone was going to video and post it anyway so when 2 by 2 was doing it it was a way for her to control the "finished product" The video's that were released were shot by a professional with a professional camera from a front angle which is the proper way to watch a routine. We've all had to watch a team from the side before and it's not the best way to see a routine. LOL It's also not the best view to critique a team from and we all know that is going to happen every time. LOL

I agree that the person should have taken the video down, especially when asked by the gym owner!

I would agree with you, if it was someone's kids playing in the yard or riding their bike or something equally innocent and normal. But these are kids PERFORMING, being video taped is the norm.

Here is the video policy of USA ( copy and pasted from the website) They are asking that you only record your own gym.
""Video Taping Policy - For safety and security we respectfully request that videotaping be limited to
performances of your school/organization only. Tri-pod cameras may not be set-up at any time.
Again, video taping is permitted, but only of the routine(s) that are being performed by your participant's team.""
I did not look up other EP's policy's but if you are not permitted to record other teams then don't you think you should respect if said gym wants to put it out there or not? We have a team dad that records all our performances and post them, the good and the bad. But again it is coming from our program. We have gyms in town who don't like to post. So that is respected as well.. I would have loved to see the routines from last weekend, my CP has many many friends at other programs, but I couldn't make it to the comp so I just have to wait.

When gymnasts take the floor for the Olympics or trials or Worlds or anything of their nature... random people video tape them and put them online. Same with many other sports. As long as they're not doing anything to your video or using it for harm, I see no problem with it.

I'm going to film a team (level 5, high profile) next weekend, but after seeing this thread, i asked the gym owner if it was o.k to post it on youtube. He said yes.

But anyway, I think if you compete, you're putting your routine out there, and at that point you can't do anything about videos being posted...

I tend to think in the land of insatiable digital media if you're not showing up on YouTube, twitter, Facebook and fierce board it's an indication you're not as high profile as you think and beyond that....does it really matter? Is there a gym out there that will panic to change their routine because they saw what their competitors routines looked like?

Point number 1) If so they need to fire their choreographer.

Point number 2) Know your grid, build your routine and hit it.

Point number 3) Who cares what everyone else is doing. The point is to do YOUR thing better than anyone else.

Point number 4) And if you're using someone else's stuff to make your routine better.....see point number 1.

Back