All-Star Posting Other Teams Videos On Youtube Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I found out today someone from a different gym has been posting videos of other teams comp. performances. In fact they posted us from our last 2 comp. Why would they do that? Very disappointing.

Sorry you feel this way, but maybe the team should try to use it as motivation. When you compete at a competition, you are in public. I don't understand why people throw a pitty party when their video gets posted by a person at the comp they competed in. Videos get posted for many reasons and sometimes it's to make a team look bad, but you have to deal with it.

they think it will benefit them in competition if people know what your team looks like and will know how to beat you. its ridiculous. if they stoop as low as posting videos of your team, its means they're worried about you for competition. they see you as a threat. just go out there and beat them!

I would agree with you, if it was someone's kids playing in the yard or riding their bike or something equally innocent and normal. But these are kids PERFORMING, being video taped is the norm.
Agreed! Unless it's done in some creeper way, not sure how anybody can be offended by someone taping at a public event. And it's just silly to be nagging Youtube to take them down.

The cheer world would probably collapse if it weren't for people willing to video teams so others near and far can watch too. I know I'm thankful for videos I find of our gym on Youtube because I don't want to be trying to record it when I'm watching live.

I'm going to film a team (level 5, high profile) next weekend, but after seeing this thread, i asked the gym owner if it was o.k to post it on youtube. He said yes.

But anyway, I think if you compete, you're putting your routine out there, and at that point you can't do anything about videos being posted...

This surprises me. I too know the coaches (since i have 3 cps at this gym) and they have never wanted the south elite routines posted on YouTube. They actually email the parents asking us not to. You might want to double check.

Agreed! Unless it's done in some creeper way, not sure how anybody can be offended by someone taping at a public event. And it's just silly to be nagging Youtube to take them down.

The cheer world would probably collapse if it weren't for people willing to video teams so others near and far can watch too. I know I'm thankful for videos I find of our gym on Youtube because I don't want to be trying to record it when I'm watching live.

Near......Far.........Wherever you areeeeeeeeeeeee............ (LMAO sorry, but I had to)

This surprises me. I too know the coaches (since i have 3 cps at this gym) and they have never wanted the south elite routines posted on YouTube. They actually email the parents asking us not to. You might want to double check.
That wasn't the team i was referring to (same region, not the right gym) South Elite asked if it was published it must be private or not posted at all.

I tend to think in the land of insatiable digital media if you're not showing up on YouTube, twitter, Facebook and fierce board it's an indication you're not as high profile as you think and beyond that....does it really matter? Is there a gym out there that will panic to change their routine because they saw what their competitors routines looked like?

Point number 1) If so they need to fire their choreographer.

Maybe it's me but I always check out other teams my CP will be competing against before the weekend of competition. And I know her coaches do too. It's called being prepared. Personally, I can't imagine going through a whole season without tweaking and improving a routine...

Maybe it's me but I always check out other teams my CP will be competing against before the weekend of competition. And I know her coaches do too. It's called being prepared. Personally, I can't imagine going through a whole season without tweaking and improving a routine...
Not arguing that. I stalk videos like everyone else does when competition orders come out. My point is, I doubt any coach out there will change a routine for the simple reason they watched a competitor's video. They'll likely change it to continue to improve their raw score as their athletes get new skills and learn new stunts....that's normal and expected. That's called coaching. But, if their entire motivation to change a routine comes because they watched another gym's video....then they likely didn't know what they were doing in the first place and probably aren't a "threat" to the gym who's video was posted.

Back