OT "power Meals"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
so idk how many of you are familiar with "hell month", but for college nationals, we come back the 27th of december and practice 3 times a day up until we leave. if you could imagine, it does quite the damage on the body. I need some good energy and protein packed meals to get me through the days. my dilemma: 1. i dont eat meat 2. I have a small budget to work with lol 3. i dont have much time to work with either lol
any suggestions ? you've come up with good recipes for me before for other things, so I figured i'd ask :)

peace, love, happy cheering

showstopper

I'm all too familiar, although we did two-a-days, not three. I usually had a peanut butter sandwich or eggs and toast and some kind of fruit.

Oh goodness ours start tomorrow and goes until the 23rd and then we get to come back on the 29th....I'm dreading it. Luckily we only do twice a day.

I love poached eggs. And eggs are pretty cheap and if you buy an egg poacher thing you can pop it in the microwave for a minute and then go. Maybe its just me but they're so good. I would say peanut butter sammiches like mentioned above, but I'm allergic to peanuts so I use almond butter. It's a little pricey but the one jar lasts me a long time and I think it might be healthier. Some people don't like it but its worth a try! My whole family uses that instead of peanut butter because its so good. That on whole weat bread will pretty much fill me up. Oh and drink a ton of water. (Obviously) I saw this thing on pinterest where you fill up 2 water bottles and write times on them and if you drink so much every hour it keeps you hydrated all day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The best thing to do is to make sure that you are restoring your carbohydrate levels because those are what is going to give you fast energy. Protein is great for after your practices to help rebuild muscle and throughout the day to help keep you full all day long. Start the day off with some eggs and whole grain toast with butter or peanut butter for example. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water or Gatorade throughout practice as well. Some great snacks to keep with you are trail mix, fruits cups, hummus and celery sticks, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzel thins, a handful of mixed nuts, string cheese, etc. Anything that is going to have some carbs +protein mixed in with it. Make sure you end your day with a good and satisfying dinner. If you don't eat meat, try whole grain pasta with low sugar sauce (steer clear of Alfredo sauces or anything to creamy!), any recipes that include tofu could be yummy too! Below are a few links to some easy to make and yummy recipes!

13 Healthy And Gluten-Free Ways To Make Pizza

Cheesy Pizza Panini| GreenLiteBites

Motivation for Fitness - <div class="my-like" data-reblog="" data-id="22170208674" title="Like"></div> Peanut Butter Yogurt Spread/Dip (For all of my...

hummus and avocado toasts with roasted tomatoes

The best thing to do is to make sure that you are restoring your carbohydrate levels because those are what is going to give you fast energy. Protein is great for after your practices to help rebuild muscle and throughout the day to help keep you full all day long. Start the day off with some eggs and whole grain toast with butter or peanut butter for example. Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water or Gatorade throughout practice as well. Some great snacks to keep with you are trail mix, fruits cups, hummus and celery sticks, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pretzel thins, a handful of mixed nuts, string cheese, etc. Anything that is going to have some carbs +protein mixed in with it. Make sure you end your day with a good and satisfying dinner. If you don't eat meat, try whole grain pasta with low sugar sauce (steer clear of Alfredo sauces or anything to creamy!), any recipes that include tofu could be yummy too! Below are a few links to some easy to make and yummy recipes!

13 Healthy And Gluten-Free Ways To Make Pizza

Cheesy Pizza Panini| GreenLiteBites

Motivation for Fitness - <div class="my-like" data-reblog="" data-id="22170208674" title="Like"></div> Peanut Butter Yogurt Spread/Dip (For all of my...

hummus and avocado toasts with roasted tomatoes

thanks girl! looks like you've been down this road before lol

peanut butter is great, but i cant exactly live on it... buttttt i do eat alot of it lol i go through one of those giant tubs of jiff per month.

I love poached eggs. And eggs are pretty cheap and if you buy an egg poacher thing you can pop it in the microwave for a minute and then go. Maybe its just me but they're so good. I would say peanut butter sammiches like mentioned above, but I'm allergic to peanuts so I use almond butter. It's a little pricey but the one jar lasts me a long time and I think it might be healthier. Some people don't like it but its worth a try! My whole family uses that instead of peanut butter because its so good. That on whole weat bread will pretty much fill me up. Oh and drink a ton of water. (Obviously) I saw this thing on pinterest where you fill up 2 water bottles and write times on them and if you drink so much every hour it keeps you hydrated all day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Have you ever tried making almond butter? It's pretty simple with a food processor can and saves money, make sure you get roasted nuts.

Hydrate!!

Coconut water is great for me when I have back to back tennis matches.

I usually have one before, and one during. Along with a lot of water.

Not the best but maybe add a protein shake in there too (if you need something portable.).

My post workout shake very cheap you can get all of this at Walmart for under $30.
1 scoop vanilla whey protein (I used 2 but I am sure you weigh less than me.)
A few frozen strawberries
1 whole banana
1 tablespoon honey
10oz water
Blend for 1 minute
Eat 1 tablespoon of peanut butter while its blending. It will help you feel fuller longer.
Staying hydrated is the #1 thing that will keep you going. The banana will keep your potassium levels up also which will help prevent cramping.

BTW if you are in the NCAA make sure you clear any and all supplements through your trainer/coach.
But the #1 supplement I would recommend besides whey protein would be creatine. It will increase your muscle endurance especially if you don't eat red meat. A lot of women see it as a "guys supplement" but any athelete can benifit from it. It's cheap and NOTHING works better.Just add it to your shake and take some with Gatorade before your workouts just drink plenty of water.

Back