Practice wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my gym doesn't care what you wear to normal practice, as long as it is practice appropriate (soffees, sports bra, spankies and t shirt). for choreography, we have assigned colors to wear like black shorts and a white top or something like that. and then they have sets of clothes that they sell so girls have clothes to wear to practice, competitions etc.

at my gym we have practice outfits and i like it alot. it helps see the routine as a whole and is less distracting. but usually a few months in people will stop wearing them

from a coach's point of view....when everyone is dressed the same it is easier to pick out who is off count or messing up in anyway. The team looks better when they match too.

having practice uniforms makes it so much easier because no one sticks out when practicing and makes the routine look 10x better...my old team just had tanks and soffe shorts and a plain white bow and you were required to wear them it just makes it so much nicer..and i know from coaches saying you might not notice a mistake or something during practice but once everyone is in uniforms you can notice a lot more

Yeah, having a uniform for practice I think really does make a difference, people don't turn up wearing unappropriate clothing, and don't worry about how they look because they all look the same & it helps make the squad feel more like a team.

But I think its ridiculous going overboard on expensive practice wear.. as it is only for practice.

My Team have a practice uniform which consists of joggers/shorts, polo shirt, hoodie/jacket with logos which can be worn all year round. The only required thing to wear is the top which we get given from subs, but most of the girls choose to buy the rest.
Which is only around £40 for the joggers and hoodie.

two weeks out of every months we all wear the same practice outfits,but on other days we just wear our team colors. but i love the team bows :)

Last year I spent $70 on practice clothes, got two pairs of Soffees and 2 t-shirts.
This year was $240 (different gym) and got 2 t's, 2 sport bras, 2 tank tops, 2 mesh shorts, one GK short. All of it is super cute but I almost passed out when I saw how much I was paying!
I think it's needed for watching transitions and keeps you from being distracted by Susie Q's neon sports bra. We had a kid that wore hot pink Reeboks and the coaches finally asked her to stop and wear her white ones because their eye kept getting drawn to her shoes :-D

at brandon..

we get practice uniforms, 3 shirts and 3 shorts. we dont really ever have to wear them. like its not required. usually we wear other gyms shirts that we traded at comps or whatever. but at choreography and camp we do wear our matching practice clothes. and then we always wear our matching clothes at comp.
but i feel like no matter what we wear, we still stay focused at practice.

At my gym I know we have assigned days for practice wear. And when we have our tshirt we have to wear a black sports bra under it if you plan to take off your tshirt. And then we have our sports bra. Then our two pairs of gk spandex. They are all sooooo cutee! I love practice wear:)

my gym has two practice outfits (we practice twice a week)
its spandex shorts and a matching sports bra
i love wearing them, we all feel equal and more like a team
i hate the few practices at the beginning of the season where we dont have them

i think it looks cleaner and much better. at our gym if we dont wear our practice wear we get marked off and if you get marked off three times and it counts as an absence and if you have more than three absences a month you get in trouble

Practice uniforms are better than wearing anything you want. When our practice uniforms didn't come in yet at my gym..we wore anything...we couldn't figure out who was on the team and who wasn't...it was too difficult. But either way is fine! :D

my cp's gym does practice wear. they practice 2/week, but have 3 different practice uni's. (this helps the parents not having to make sure laundry is done weekly). it consists of 3 pairs of soffe's and 3 hanes t-shirts (colored, logo'd, etc). it's not very expensive. there is a practice uni schedule that we follow. they also much wear a bow. as a parent, i don't mind the extra cost and i'm sure it helps the girls focus and perform, especially the younger ones.

Back