All-Star Prayers To Those In The Path Of Hurricane Sandy...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Current image of Atlantic City...

76617_10151216286662645_533672236_n.png
OMG!

They just announced the MBTA would close at 2 here in Boston. Fortunately I didn't have to go into work.

They're expecting some flooding along the coast. I doubt we'll lose power where we are, if we do, it probably won't be for an extended period of time.

My boyfriend is working from home, but he said most of his coworkers went in today, which is just so unnecessary for what they do.
I'm about an hour north of Boston and they're expecting it to be pretty bad. My college is completely closed. I just got an email from my hall director saying NH roads will be closed at 3:00 PM for a state of emergency. They are asking everyone to leave if they live within driving distance. I'm not there but I'm hearing that in my entire hall of 500, about 15 are left.

Feeling like I'm about to lose power up here in MA. Gust was just recorded at 81 mph in my town. My house will most likely end up a beachfront property tonight. Or a house boat.

Seriously snowing sideways here, hibernating in my math building until I can find someone to come pick me up. Dont trust the buses in this weather lol.

Still have power here in Northern, MA but many in my town don't. Just saw a tree branch fly by my window so I'm assuming I'll be out shortly. Yay for generators! Hope everyone in Jersey/VA/NY area is staying safe! Looks brutal out there.

We still have our power here, but it has gotten a lot windier since this morning and I swear it looked like it was snowing earlier this afternoon. Our power crews are still on standby along with ones from Indiana since it's supposed to get super nasty here after 9pm. I can't believe how many people are dealing with this hurricane, I mean, I live in central Ohio, we almost never get the remnants of any hurricanes here.

wind is starting to get crazy here, my windows are shaking and im pretty sure my power will be going out! So far we are hanging in there.......

Still have power here in Northern NJ...in fact it is windy but not crazy. Maybe it will miss us?

i live in brick nj also about 15 min from the ocean so i'm okay but my power is going on and off every 5 min its so annoying -___- . A tree in my back yard is about one gust of wind away from falling and the shingles on top of the tiki bar in my back yard are blowing off :( . I'm kinda scared lol . But at least im off of school :D

Just got a BIG gust of wind...we will not be spared. How far do trees bend before they snap?:eek:

up here in London, ON (canada) we are getting the tail ends of it and it's pretty bad, i can only imagine what you all are getting!

Just got a BIG gust of wind...we will not be spared. How far do trees bend before they snap?:eek:

I always hang out in parts of the house away from large trees. :D They don't necessarily break, but fall intact with their root balls coming out of the ground due to ground saturation. :rolleyes: There. That is a major part of my hurricane prep.

Back