All-Star "proud To Be A Cheerlebrity Free Gym" <-- Really????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerDadof2

So you are more upset with the gyms that have signed the pledge than with the pledge itself?

I'm all for the pledge and bringing order to something that isn't going away. My discomfort is primarily where the pledge came from and the reasoning behind that individuals motives.

And if you're going to sign a "Cheerlebrity Free Zone" pledge then you should make sure you don't have any in your gym or have recruited any prior to that because otherwise you're just being a hypocrite. There's nothing I can't stand more than a hypocrite.

I'm all for the pledge and bringing order to something that isn't going away. My discomfort is primarily where the pledge came from and the reasoning behind that individuals motives.

And if you're going to sign a "Cheerlebrity Free Zone" pledge then you should make sure you don't have any in your gym or have recruited any prior to that because otherwise you're just being a hypocrite. There's nothing I can't stand more than a hypocrite.

I don't have a clue who you're talking about, but is it possible this person has now seen the "error of their ways" and changed their mind? That's not being a hypocrite.

I think the concept of a cheerlebrity free zone is good, but at the same time I don't see things wrong with role models. I just saw the Cheer News on World Cup's Jacqueline - well I remember her from last season on the CMT show when she was at that gym and my daughter who has chronic stomach issues was inspired and learned a lot from the episode with Jacqueline and her medical issues. That said she is 8 she does not Facebook or Twitter and does not get access to a computer without me and then it is only kid sites same for her 10 year old sister, she would not follow her around a comp and honestly would probably not recognize her after a year has gone by from seeing the episode- if we saw her we may make a point of saying hi and thanking her for sharing that story (as I did on this board to her mom when I saw a post by her) because her personal story really mirrored issues my daughter had and had a positive effect on how she dealt with her own issue. I only wish Cheer News did less of a fluff piece and more on a great story about this cheerleader and other girls. Otherwise my kids have no clue of any cheerlebrities - they have role models in their own gym because our gym has a program so that every younger aged cheerleader has an older cheerleader assigned to them for the season and my CPs are more inspired by these girls who they really get to know and build a real relationship with. My younger one gets to go to NCA this year and she will excitedly watch as many teams as she can and think everyone of those older girls is amazing and hope to be like that someday as they land their stunts no matter how many facebook friends or tweets or articles are written about them or tv shows they are on and I really think that is how it should be.

I don't have a clue who you're talking about, but is it possible this person has now seen the "error of their ways" and changed their mind? That's not being a hypocrite.

How is it seeing the errors of their ways when in September when I started this thread they where bashing cheerlebrities that had decided to go to a gym they consider a rival gym. Now 5 months later they're pushing a national, industry wide "Cheerlebrity Free Zone" pledge?

Plus all the Big Rich Atlanta and having their cheerleaders on a WB show is all recent. Again, I think the pledge is fine but if you're going to spear head the whole thing, practice what you preach. Don't make it look one way to the cheer industry when to the rest of the world you're starting a talent agency and putting your kids in the public spot light. So cheerlebrities are bad but true celebrities are good?

I'm just trying to figure out where you're coming from CheerDadof2 Are you/were you personally affected by this? Maybe you could ask them directly what their agenda is?

I'm just trying to figure out where you're coming from CheerDadof2 Are you/were you personally affected by this? Maybe you could ask them directly what their agenda is?
He's talking about Georgia Allstars and Jamie Parrish, if you missed that. I'm pretty sure he's from the area..

I do find it interesting he is on the list, after his little tirade about the 'two best cheerleaders in Georgia.'

If you read my initial post it started this summer when I noticed a well known coach basically bullying kids, using his twitter and FB pages. I was not/am not personally affected by it, just don't like people using their influence in an industry that's supposed to be for children to demonize kids for their popularity.

Given what I've seen of this coach in public forums, I wouldn't waste my time asking them. Just not worth it.

IMHO and from what I have seen, cheerleberities for the most part are apositive in the sport. I know my L5 granddaughter who cheers at a small gym for the last 9 years (she is almost 14) follows a couple of "cheerleberities" through social media and she admires their dedication and skills. She also understands they work hard as she also does, but they have alot more time and money to devote to the sport. Not all kids can take privates and travel hours to go to a "big name" gym. But it does motivate her to do her best with what she has available to her - and her progress and dedication makes me proud - she is MY Cheerleberity.:cheering:

Jamie Parrish didn't "start" this..he just packaged it up. Just putting that out there. Not that it should matter who "started" it. It has raised some really legitimate conversation on the matter, if nothing else.
Thank you for putting this out there. Cheer Dad of 2 seems to have some personal agenda against Mr. Parrish.

Thank you for putting this out there. Cheer Dad of 2 seems to have some personal agenda against Mr. Parrish.

Nope, no personal agenda against anyone. I couldn't care less what he does or doesn't do as it doesn't affect me. For the record I never mentioned anyone by name, simply stated the public actions I've seen of a prominent cheer coach in my area. The fact that these actions can be tied back to him speaks volumes to me and should to anyone in the cheer industry.

And I don't have any feelings towards him one way or the other...I was just putting that out there so that more rumors and gossip don't take off from this thread.

And I don't have any feelings towards him one way or the other...I was just putting that out there so that more rumors and gossip don't take off from this thread.

I don't either. If you read my post it's more about the hypocrisy of actions then the individual. Also, if he didn't start it, perhaps people should contact someone in the organization to take the pledge and not him directly. At least the posts that I've seen say to contact him at his gyms e-mail address rather them someone at the NACCC.

I don't either. If you read my post it's more about the hypocrisy of actions then the individual. Also, if he didn't start it, perhaps people should contact someone in the organization to take the pledge and not him directly. At least the posts that I've seen say to contact him at his gyms e-mail address rather them someone at the NACCC.

I wasn't directing my posts towards you. It was just a general post clarifying something that was posted that was not true. That's all. I did not tag you in my post nor did I mention your name at all, I was just posting in general. Good day to all....

I wasn't directing my posts towards you. It was just a general post clarifying something that was posted that was not true. That's all. I did not tag you in my post nor did I mention your name at all, I was just posting in general. Good day to all....

I didn't think you had - just responded to it as part of the conversation as someone said I had a personal agenda towards him.

I always quote the post I'm answering so that if my answer isn't directly below it people can read the context properly. That's all.

I have to say your "Good Day" made me laugh. Reminded me of a character on That 70's Show :)

Back