All-Star "proud To Be A Cheerlebrity Free Gym" <-- Really????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To be honest, if it wasn't for cheerlebrities, I probably would have never discovered the sport of cheerleading.

I'm a non-cheering cheer fan who kinda fell in love with the sport without doing it. After stumbling across some cheerlebrity accounts on Instagram I decided I wanted to know what this was all about. Even if Cheerleading is a team sport, you're always going to have the stars on a team, the names you remember. It's like saying that it's not ok to only know the name of the quarterback on an NFL team. He couldn't complete a pass without a receiver but that doesn't minimize his talent or the amount of appreciation he should get.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

No one has an issue with recognition of an exceptional athlete. It's the intentional cheer-pimping of an athlete, by the gym, parents, etc., for marketing and/or financial gain that bothers people.
You are the only person I've ever run into that came across some athlete's instagram and became a fan of the sport.
I can assure you, Little loved all star long before she loved Victoria Swain

No one has an issue with recognition of an exceptional athlete. It's the intentional cheer-pimping of an athlete, by the gym, parents, etc., for marketing and/or financial gain that bothers people.
You are the only person I've ever run into that came across some athlete's instagram and became a fan of the sport.
I sprinkle you with glitter for mentioning Swain or Mitchell (Brannon).

I knew who Maddie Gardner was before my kids went into cheer. (Dare I say she helped them want to....? :oops::oops::oops: ) I wouldn't say it's often in our sport, but I would definitely think more than one person has seen the cheerlebrity first, cheer second.

I knew who Maddie Gardner was before my kids went into cheer. (Dare I say she helped them want to....? :oops::oops::oops: ) I wouldn't say it's often in our sport, but I would definitely think more than one person has seen the cheerlebrity first, cheer second.

That's two people then.

Sorry, triple dipping.

But I started thinking after I spoke (surprise...)
There are a ton of athletes that can't afford to cheer. If Mini or Little had crazy skills, I might seriously consider selling a poof piece or red Mohawk extensions to make money for them to cheer. Call it pimpin, but whatever. I have a cheer bill to pay and if I could hustle like that, I probably would.
Maybe I shouldn't hate the player, just recognize the game. And it's not like athletes are going to come right out and say "We're broke but I need to cheer. Buy my smelly bow."

Sorry, triple dipping.

There are a ton of athletes that can't afford to cheer. If Mini or Little had crazy skills, I might seriously consider selling a poof piece or red Mohawk extensions to make money for them to cheer. Call it pimpin, but whatever. I have a cheer bill to pay and if I could hustle like that, I probably would.
Maybe I shouldn't hate the player, just recognize the game. And it's not like athletes are going to come right out and say "We're broke but I need to cheer. Buy my smelly bow."
That right there. That deserves all the shimmies.

But seriously- if I could find a way to do that for my acting career...oooh boy.

Sorry, triple dipping.

I would be their biggest supporter if this is their case. Unfortunately, the ones I come in contact with drive BMW's or fly in to practice.

I would be their biggest supporter if this is their case. Unfortunately, the ones I come in contact with drive BMW's or fly in to practice.

Yeah, that's a different story. But even so, they have as much right as anyone to peddle useless cheer crap. Show me a good, innovative product, I might buy it. What I won't do is buy a bow that smells like "Smoed" Robert, just because it smells like Robert. Ew.

Yeah, that's a different story. But even so, they have as much right as anyone to peddle useless cheer crap. Show me a good, innovative product, I might buy it. What I won't do is buy a bow that smells like "Smoed" Robert, just because it smells like Robert. Ew.

Well you just RUINED your Christmas gift from me. Way to go.

@cupieqt I've been chucking glitter at teams for 10 years. Just learned of the voodoo fingers, but usually I just sprinkle my imaginary glitter at a team when I see something over the top impressive. I'll admit during Worlds in the Milkhouse I was chucking with both hands! I think I got some Top Gun guys doing it now since they asked me what I was doing. :chestbump:

Back