All-Star Question About Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i know that but how sad is it that a team works so hard all season to get there and cant end up going
It's not about who works the hardest it's about who's the best... That's like people who say levels 1-4 should get to go because "they work just as hard"... it's supposed to be the top athletes/teams, not the "hard workers"

There are exceptions to every situation, but I'm sure Ratchet Allstars from Nowhereville, USA getting their at large bid in the middle of April were not going all season declining at large bids left and right waiting for a paid, and then settled at the last bid comp for an at large. For the most part, these rinkydink barely level 5 teams are getting their bids at the end of the season because all the teams that should have them do already. I'm sure there are more teams out there who go to Worlds because of the 2nd situation, and not the 1st.
>giggles<

"The Ratchet Allstars rinkydinks"

This amuses me. Craptastic finally got some competition. The grudge match between them and Jankastic was soooo 2011.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's been the case the last two seasons with UCA I know for sure. They haven't had enough teams without bids to give them all out. However that doesn't mean that of the 20 something level five/ six teams competing to upgrade their bid those that place in the bottom of range of the scores are guaranteed to receive a bid.
I know most EP's in their bid declaration say "We reserve the right to distribute bids regardless of scoring or placement"
Meaning that just because these teams don't have bid and all the others do the EP doesn't have to give anyone anything. Showing up does not guarantee them a bid.
Also just because a team is going for a late bid doesn't mean that they have been trying to no avail all season. I know this may not be common, but in the case of my team, our first competition of the season was mid march. After which there was only one more competition out program planned to attend.
There is also the issue of declining bids in hopes of getting a better one later, but I seriously doubt that happens. Teams who know they have the potential for it do, but I feel like most others will accept the at-large knowing they're going and plan for it either way.
Regardless I'm just saying that receipt of a late season bid doesn't always mean that the team receiving it wasn't capable of beating out the other worlds division teams the whole season prior.
Also the number of bids an event is allowed to distribute is based on the attendance at that event the year prior. So, some teams who would normally be there but got one early on they were happy with or decided to go elsewhere etc., etc. etc... I feel like in the long run it would begin to effect what level the event was in terms of bid distribution.
This raises a question though. Does anyone know if attendance is on the event as a whole or attendance of worlds divisions at the event? Because that could make a difference in the whole amount of bids situation.
Say I have five level five teams and bring three to x event one year. The following season we make a change to our competition schedule and take those teams to a couple of different competitions prior to the original one mentioned. These teams all get bids and now there is no reason to attend x competition. Say another program does the same. The year following that would change the number of bids x comp can distribute at that event. If I understand how this works correctly. Also if I understand from NCA last year distributing extra bids that number of each type of bid is proportional to another.
4 paid:1partial:12 At-large for example just throwing stuff out there.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

All At Large bids are equal to each other regardless of when attained. At Cheersport in February that had more bids than teams - is that bid worth more than one attained in March where a team had to outscore other teams? It's a silly, circular argument. You can argue that there are too many bids and lobby to change it, but a bid is a bid.

Back