All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IOC6 is 15 guys. It was 12 until the 2011-2012 season.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Why 15 though? Seems like a very specific number. Are IASF and USASF rules the same in regards to number of boys on coed teams? I.e level 5 and 6? Because where I'm from they allow half team size (24/2) + 1 number of guys, and the governing body for cheerleading here claims they abide by the IASF rules.

Why 15 though? Seems like a very specific number. Are IASF and USASF rules the same in regards to number of boys on coed teams? I.e level 5 and 6? Because where I'm from they allow half team size (24/2) + 1 number of guys, and the governing body for cheerleading here claims they abide by the IASF rules.

Bangkok rule. You used to be able to compete with 15 guys all season in the US, but only 12 at worlds. And ICU didn't limit males. So Bangkok competed with 15 at ICU and then 15 at the all star comp. The next year the rule was changed.

I don't know why 15, and I don't know if IASF has the same rules. 16 would probably be the perfect number - 8 flyers and 16 bases for two man stunts. But 15 allows you to put a girl on the team that doesn't fly.

Too Many Boys On The Floor | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

Gymtyme 2011-2012! | Page 3 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

Last edited:
Man, re-reading those threads just make me so mad all over again. USASF doesn't care about level 6. So they go and give a globe not once, but twice to an international team just because they're a crowd favorite.

Bangkok rule. You used to be able to compete with 15 guys all season in the US, but only 12 at worlds. And ICU didn't limit males. So Bangkok competed with 15 at ICU and then 15 at the all star comp. The next year the rule was changed.

I don't know why 15, and I don't know if IASF has the same rules. 16 would probably be the perfect number - 8 flyers and 16 bases for two man stunts. But 15 allows you to put a girl on the team that doesn't fly.

Too Many Boys On The Floor | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

Gymtyme 2011-2012! | Page 3 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer
It's no wonder why IOC 6 is such an undesired division to compete in..... so previously, if you had 15 guys when earning a bid, you'd had to switch 3 of those guys with 3 girls at Worlds?

It's no wonder why IOC 6 is such an undesired division to compete in..... so previously, if you had 15 guys when earning a bid, you'd had to switch 3 of those guys with 3 girls at Worlds?

I think so. That was my first year at worlds so I don't remember all of the rules that well. @King mentioned in one of those linked posts that they had to cut a guy on Rust.

Man, re-reading those threads just make me so mad all over again. USASF doesn't care about level 6. So they go and give a globe not once, but twice to an international team just because they're a crowd favorite.

Level 6 is almost non existent in the uk with now only 2 level 6 team which are both all girl and no coed6 now unity is level 5 I like level 6 but I wish there was more competition for level 6 other than worlds them more would compete

I think so. That was my first year at worlds so I don't remember all of the rules that well. @King mentioned in one of those linked posts that they had to cut a guy on Rust.

We've had to win a bid with a different routine and roster makeup than something we would compete at Worlds.

This was back when a lot of people thought it was better to have different scoresheets at different competitions.

Level 6 is almost non existent in the uk with now only 2 level 6 team which are both all girl and no coed6 now unity is level 5 I like level 6 but I wish there was more competition for level 6 other than worlds them more would compete

Ugh, don't remind me that Unity is no longer level 6. I'm heartbroken.

Ugh, don't remind me that Unity is no longer level 6. I'm heartbroken.
I was sad but I saw them at level 5 and they seemed to max out better so hopefully got a better chance to globed although alot of the team have now stopped doing higher level cheer this season

thanks for the answers. I am not that used to rules. In Sweden we have 3 (!) coed teams at all and none o them have 15 boys.. so i didn't know.

I was sad but I saw them at level 5 and they seemed to max out better so hopefully got a better chance to globed although alot of the team have now stopped doing higher level cheer this season
i loved unity in level 6 and i think io5 will be a lot harder to actually medal in but maybe i am just biased because i really wished they's have stayed in level 6 , seeing them at ICC last year and Worlds this year was so great

i loved unity in level 6 and i think io5 will be a lot harder to actually medal in but maybe i am just biased because i really wished they's have stayed in level 6 , seeing them at ICC last year and Worlds this year was so great

I wished they stayed level 6 as well but they had no competition until worlds so now they have competition but there is a new all girl 6 from a different program starting this year which looks promising .

I hope unity will make a new level 6 team because they were so good at it

I have a question - what are the rules about tic tocs? What is the first level they are allowed at and what are the stipulations when they do start to become allowed? (how high, contact w/ back spots, etc.). I see them doing crazy high ones in level 5 where people shift from one heel stretch to another all the way up at extended level, but what are you allowed to do at level 2, 3 and 4?

I have a question - what are the rules about tic tocs? What is the first level they are allowed at and what are the stipulations when they do start to become allowed? (how high, contact w/ back spots, etc.). I see them doing crazy high ones in level 5 where people shift from one heel stretch to another all the way up at extended level, but what are you allowed to do at level 2, 3 and 4?
Level 1 at gut level
Level 2 at prep level with no release
Level 3 no release but can low to high, or high to high in a pyramid while braced on both sides
Level 4 pretty sure you can high low or low to high with a release? Not sure. Pyramid you can high to high with one bracer
Level 5 you can high to high I braced

Back