All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Quick question . Level 3 coed....is there a requirement of one-mans? and if so, does it have to be done by the boy?

Was there ever a reason as to why they allowed 11 teams to advance to finals in the small coed division at Worlds?

There was one team allowed to go on again due to a music issue or floor issue (?), but they announced the finalistst before that team went on, when said team (I think it was Rockstar Beatles) went on they got enough points to also advance and were therefore the eleventh team because they didn't want to kick out a team that was already announced as finalists. At least that's the explanation I read here / remember from here.

Quick question . Level 3 coed....is there a requirement of one-mans? and if so, does it have to be done by the boy?
Yes and depends. Half of Coed stunts have to be based by males on the team, rounded down. So if you have one boy on the team, you have to have one coed stunt and it can be based by a male or a female. If you have four males on the team, you have to have two coed stunts and at least one must be based by a male. There is a handy coed quantity chart on the JamScore scoring grids.

Varsity has a similar grid except that there is no requirement that males base any of the stunts.

Yes and depends. Half of Coed stunts have to be based by males on the team, rounded down. So if you have one boy on the team, you have to have one coed stunt and it can be based by a male or a female. If you have four males on the team, you have to have two coed stunts and at least one must be based by a male. There is a handy coed quantity chart on the JamScore scoring grids.

Varsity has a similar grid except that there is no requirement that males base any of the stunts.

Thank you Sarah!That is exactly what I was looking for.

What is the crossover policy at Cheersport Nationals? Or can someone link me to where I could find it?

What is the crossover policy at Cheersport Nationals? Or can someone link me to where I could find it?
There is none other than the USASF rule of an athlete can compete on no more than 3 teams. So Cheersport is totally cool with an athlete competing on a level 5 team and a level 1 team.

What competition am I thinking of that athletes can't compete on teams that are different levels? NCA?
Yes, NCA - for the most part. They do the best out of any EP at limiting crossovers, but they still allow 5 to R5 and 4 to 4.2 to a maximum of 5 athlete crossovers. I personally think there is enough of a difference between those levels there should be no crossovers but I give NCA credit for their crossover policy and appreciate the fact that they try really hard to even the playing fields.

Was there ever a reason as to why they allowed 11 teams to advance to finals in the small coed division at Worlds?

There was one team allowed to go on again due to a music issue or floor issue (?), but they announced the finalistst before that team went on, when said team (I think it was Rockstar Beatles) went on they got enough points to also advance and were therefore the eleventh team because they didn't want to kick out a team that was already announced as finalists. At least that's the explanation I read here / remember from here.
I thought it was a tie between the two 10th place teams? Not saying i'm for sure right but that's the only thing I remember hearing.

I thought it was a tie between the two 10th place teams? Not saying i'm for sure right but that's the only thing I remember hearing.
I never heard that, and I did hear what @Emily said from several people. But I never saw anything officially confirmed.

Ahh good to know! I would probably put my bets on that too!
Who will ever know what even really happened at worlds this year.... :rolleyes:

I think Beatles had a music issue in semi finals so they got to go again but the ten teams had already been announced so they had 11 teams go to finals because they had made the top ten cut with their second performance but I'm not positive!

Yes, NCA - for the most part. They do the best out of any EP at limiting crossovers, but they still allow 5 to R5 and 4 to 4.2 to a maximum of 5 athlete crossovers. I personally think there is enough of a difference between those levels there should be no crossovers but I give NCA credit for their crossover policy and appreciate the fact that they try really hard to even the playing fields.
For clarification (my sister is on a 4.2 who might be attending Dallas) a 4.2 athlete could cross to a 4 or a 2 legally at NCA?

Back