All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a competition fee for Worlds? What costs are involved for an at-large bid winner? I've scoured the Worlds package and just see travel costs, etc.

Does World class have a worlds team? From her videos the gym looks pretty big in size. That may just be a tumbling gym or gymnastics gym though

I live in the area near World Class and know some of the team members.
No. They don't have a Worlds Team. They are a new gym open only about 2 years. The facility is new and very spacious. To their credit, their Jr Coed 3 took first at Cheersport Nationals this year.

I'm not a big fan of their Unis - too much skin showing in my opinion (very short crop tops and very low waist lines on all teams- minis included) Love the sparkle though. Shows nicely in the lights.

I live in the area near World Class and know some of the team members.
No. They don't have a Worlds Team. They are a new gym open only about 2 years. The facility is new and very spacious. To their credit, their Jr Coed 3 took first at Cheersport Nationals this year.

I'm not a big fan of their Unis - too much skin showing in my opinion (very short crop tops and very low waist lines on all teams- minis included) Love the sparkle though. Shows nicely in the lights.

Thank you! Their gym looked very nice, and yeah I'm not a huge fan of the uniforms either. Too much skin and from the pictures jve seen they were like a choker necklace type thing? (Idk what they're called) I don't really like those either.

It used to be $25000, now it's up to $650 per person (and 2 coaches). So if you have 36 + 2 coaches the max amount you could get would be $24,700. It's used toward the USASF travel packages and transportation to Orlando.
So basically each kid is handed a check and is told they can use it however they feel necessary to get to Worlds/stay at worlds?

So basically each kid is handed a check and is told they can use it however they feel necessary to get to Worlds/stay at worlds?
I think it's more like the team gets that much per athlete. It must be an amount that they think is sufficient per athlete, so it's fair to everyone (As opposed to one team getting 1000+ per person and another team getting $650).
Everyone has to buy the USASF Travel package or the commuter package, so I'm assuming they do that through the team with the bid money. I'm sure a team COULD just give everyone $650 but I think it's more intended to be used as a team for your flight and your USASF packages.

I think it's more like the team gets that much per athlete. It must be an amount that they think is sufficient per athlete, so it's fair to everyone (As opposed to one team getting 1000+ per person and another team getting $650).
Everyone has to buy the USASF Travel package or the commuter package, so I'm assuming they do that through the team with the bid money. I'm sure a team COULD just give everyone $650 but I think it's more intended to be used as a team for your flight and your USASF packages.

with the increasing cost of worlds, the "paid bid" really only covers the USASF package, which is room and park hopper for the weekend. most teams end up having to pay for their own flights/travel expenses among other things.

though i am glad they changed it from $25,000 to $650 per kid. there was a sort of unfair advantage to small teams because splitting $25000 between 20 is much easier than splitting between 36.

If a gym has 1-2 of their athletes crossover to 4 teams at a competition, and none of the teams did well, are there any ramifications for that gym if someone reports them after the fact or because they didn't win or come close to winning would no one even care? And who would it be reported to anyway, the EP or USASF?

If a gym has 1-2 of their athletes crossover to 4 teams at a competition, and none of the teams did well, are there any ramifications for that gym if someone reports them after the fact or because they didn't win or come close to winning would no one even care? And who would it be reported to anyway, the EP or USASF?
As of now, no that i know of. Except being called out. I suppose both, but proof is necessary.

Sent from the Fierce Board App

Yes, there would. It has happened and fines have been given for breaking this USASF rule. Contact both the EP and the USASF. Win or not, it's still cheating.

I've heard that with a paid bid you also just have to compete once to get to finals, is this true? It seems a little too good to be true and somewhat of an unfair advantage. Sorry if this seems like a newbie question I just heard this and wondered:)

I've heard that with a paid bid you also just have to compete once to get to finals, is this true? It seems a little too good to be true and somewhat of an unfair advantage. Sorry if this seems like a newbie question I just heard this and wondered:)
It depends on the division. In Small Senior, for example, because there are so many teams, money bids qualify directly to semi-finals. At large teams have to compete in prelims first.

what does a partial paid and at large big entail?
Just like it sounds. Partial paid covers some of the cost and if you're in the selected divisions (small senior, small coed) you get to skip prelims. Not sure of the exact amount, I'm sure someone could tell you. At large pays nothing, you just get to compete.

Back