All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have two questions:
1.) Are all of topguns uniforms sponsored? It seems expensive to buy a new uniform every year
2.) Are more points taken off for how bad a flyer falls? For example: Flyer A falls and no one attempts to catch her and she falls pretty hard. Flyer B also falls the same way but her bases catch her. (I don't mean a bobble or anything, I mean a legit fall) Would more points be taken off Flyer As routine since she fell hard?

Top Gun owns all level 5 uniforms. Thats why sometimes you see a team use a uniform from a past season/team.

By this do you mean the gym pays for all the uniforms, and then like team members rent the uniform for a fee or something?

Im not sure about that but I'm assuming @Drkilluzionz can answer that part of the question.

By this do you mean the gym pays for all the uniforms, and then like team members rent the uniform for a fee or something?

I know they have like a million uniforms but how do they manage to get all those uniforms? Do companies give it to them for free and the athletes rent it? Since topgun is such a huge gym? :/

2.) Are more points taken off for how bad a flyer falls? For example: Flyer A falls and no one attempts to catch her and she falls pretty hard. Flyer B also falls the same way but her bases catch her. (I don't mean a bobble or anything, I mean a legit fall) Would more points be taken off Flyer As routine since she fell hard?
There are deductions for a Fall and a Major Fall.

On Varsity scoring, a fall is 1.0 and a major fall is 1.5

A major fall would be someone hitting the floor.

Im assuming Top Gun pays for the uniforms.

I thought Top Gun buys all the uniforms and then rents them out, so to speak. Didn't TGLC wear a throwback uniform or something at one point? It's because TG hangs on to all of their uniforms.

I have a question which I don't want to ask at my gym because I don't want anyone to think that I am placing blame ,which I am not. I am just very inquisitive-and believe me, I am very aware that this was the least of our problems ;) But, it just got me thinking.

What happens if an athlete throws a skill that is not allowed for that level?

For example, she threw a backhandspring instead of a back walkover in a Mini 1 routine. Sadly it ended up being a headspring bust :( It was not a choreograph issue. She has been working on the higher skill in tumble and I think that muscle memory took over during the routine.

But it got me thinking about what happens? I am guessing that it might happen a lot, especially with crossovers from higher levels. Is there a safety deduction? Or do the judges just not count the skill as completed? Would there be a difference in penalties if she landed it versus busting it? Would there be different penalty if it looks like it was a skill that was choreographed in the routine versus a mistake? Is there a difference between this happening at a level 1 versus a level 3 throwing 5 skill?

I have a question which I don't want to ask at my gym because I don't want anyone to think that I am placing blame ,which I am not. I am just very inquisitive-and believe me, I am very aware that this was the least of our problems ;) But, it just got me thinking.

For example, she threw a backhandspring instead of a back walkover in a Mini 1 routine. Sadly it ended up being a headspring bust :( It was not a choreograph issue. She has been working on the higher skill in tumble and I think that muscle memory took over during the routine.

But it got me thinking about what happens? I am guessing that it might happen a lot, especially with crossovers from higher levels. Is there a safety deduction? Or do the judges just not count the skill as completed? Would there be a difference in penalties if she landed it versus busting it? Would there be different penalty if it looks like it was a skill that was choreographed in the routine versus a mistake? Is there a difference between this happening at a level 1 versus a level 3 throwing 5 skill?
Deductions. Major ones. At our very first comp ever with our first gym, the junior 3 team (which was planning on going level 4 until about a week before the comp when they dropped down a level where they stayed the rest of the season) opened with 4 standing back tucks in the very front. Either the kids forgot or the coach forgot to change it (which is what I think happened :confused:) - regardless, they lost that comp within the first 10 seconds of their routine.

Bottom line what u explained it is illegal in level 1. The judges should catch it and take pts off.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I was double teaming one year ( for 4 & 5) and did the complete wrong jump sequence following with a tuck during my level 4 routine. It was pretty embarrassing and im sure we got points deducted for illegality.

I was double teaming one year ( for 4 & 5) and did the complete wrong jump sequence following with a tuck during my level 4 routine. It was pretty embarrassing and im sure we got points deducted for illegality.

oh no!! :( It seems like it could happen so easily when your body is training the higher skills. That is why I was wondering if there is a difference between it being choreod with the whole team vs one person spacing it.

oh no!! :( It seems like it could happen so easily when your body is training the higher skills. That is why I was wondering if there is a difference between it being choreod with the whole team vs one person spacing it.
I feel like there would be a different penalty if the skill was landed vs busting. Im not sure, but it would make sense.

I'm sure I remember someone posting somewhere a score breakdown for Large Senior (and potentially other divisions) from NCA that showed pyramid, tumbling etc. scores. I've trawled the updates threads for both days and cheer updates Twitter, can anyone point me in the right direction?

My friend has told me a story where the team's point jumper always joked and did their jumps to back tuck during practice but they are level 4. Well one competition he happened to do this too and they got points deducted for illegality.

I feel like there would be a different penalty if the skill was landed vs busting. Im not sure, but it would make sense.
I think so too. Busted, you get two deductions - one for busting and one for the illegal skill. If not, you'd only get the legality deduction.
Like at our first comp, the center flyer couldn't reach one of our half up ball ups (she grabs both). So one went without her and only had one bracer, which made it illegal. they hit it though so they didn't get a stunt fall deduction, only the legality. If it hadn't hit we would've gotten a stunt fall deduction tol

Back