All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a question which I don't want to ask at my gym because I don't want anyone to think that I am placing blame ,which I am not. I am just very inquisitive-and believe me, I am very aware that this was the least of our problems ;) But, it just got me thinking.

What happens if an athlete throws a skill that is not allowed for that level?

For example, she threw a backhandspring instead of a back walkover in a Mini 1 routine. Sadly it ended up being a headspring bust :( It was not a choreograph issue. She has been working on the higher skill in tumble and I think that muscle memory took over during the routine.

But it got me thinking about what happens? I am guessing that it might happen a lot, especially with crossovers from higher levels. Is there a safety deduction? Or do the judges just not count the skill as completed? Would there be a difference in penalties if she landed it versus busting it? Would there be different penalty if it looks like it was a skill that was choreographed in the routine versus a mistake? Is there a difference between this happening at a level 1 versus a level 3 throwing 5 skill?
This is an interesting question. I've been on level 3 for 3 years, and a lot of teams I've seen really whipped tucks with straight legs, I've seen people throw layouts as well...usually there's no deduction for it. I'm not sure if they count it as a performance error or what

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This is an interesting question. I've been on level 3 for 3 years, and a lot of teams I've seen really whipped tucks with straight legs, I've seen people throw layouts as well...usually there's no deduction for it. I'm not sure if they count it as a performance error or what

There's no definite line between a wonky layout and a whipped tuck, which is why they'd probably just get killed in execution. The line between a BWO and a BHS is much clearer-- you can immediately tell that the team is performing an illegal skill and they should be deducted for a legality.

My team ended up getting second place when we very clearly should have been first because of a whipped tuck. It wasn't a layout, and the coach from the other team showed the judges a cell phone video and they changed the results minute before awards. We never went back again. :/

I am hearing a rumour going around that Large Senior All-Girl will be competing on the baseball field at Worlds this year due to over capacitance at the Milkhouse. To me, this sounds completely insane and wrong, but does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Think about it. Baseball field has no spring floor.

Yes I know that, but neither does the Milkhouse during the rest of the year when cheer competitions aren't going on. They can build a spring floor.

I read that a few weeks ago in anothe thread. I think someone actually found it on a web site about Worlds.

This is from the USASF info package:
On Monday, April 28 there will be 4 Final Sessions. The first 3 sessions (morning,
afternoon, evening) in the HP Field House, and the fourth final session (evening), in the Wide World of Sports® Complex
Baseball Stadium!

So I guess we'll find out when the schedule is released...

I'm curious why Josten's Center isn't on there (unless I got names confused and Josten's is the HP Field House which sometimes happens)

This is from the USASF info package:
On Monday, April 28 there will be 4 Final Sessions. The first 3 sessions (morning,
afternoon, evening) in the HP Field House, and the fourth final session (evening), in the Wide World of Sports® Complex
Baseball Stadium!

So I guess we'll find out when the schedule is released...

What division competed very last, last year at worlds. I can't imagine it being large all girl or large coed.

I seen this happen to a gym in Indy back in 2010, if I'm correct. A large gyms senior 5 coed had definitely "threw" some L6 power tumblers on their team that weekend. I am not one to ever "call a team or gym out", but the crowd went quiet as one of the "power tumblers" threw some major illegals. There was a huge uproar because Jamfest did not disqualify the team! Shame!

Back