All-Star Random Cheerleading Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't go to a private school
Someone else already filled me in on that! And I didn't realize that state schools in other states were significantly higher than the SUNY system. I'm trying to convince former cp to just stay in NY, not sure how that's going to turn out though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

State schools in Illinois are just as much. For me to go to Northern Illinois University would cost me 28,000 as an instate student. Not all states have cheap tuition for instate students. Also I believe @krystynakrez goes to a state school.

Edit: Just saw where she responded.
Edit again: I decided to look up other Illinois state schools.
Illinois State University: 28k
Northern Illinois University: 28k
University of Illinois: 30-35k
Western Illinois University: 25k
Eastern Illinois University: 25k
These include items such as transportation, books, supplies, etc. So it may be slightly cheaper but not by much.
The only one that is close to me is NIU. The rest are quite aways away. I pay 26k after scholarships at a private school. Most Wisconsin state schools are closer for me and cheaper since most participate in a program so I would have only had to pay a little bit more than instate. The only Wisconsin state school I looked at was Whitewater and since they didnt particpate in the program it was around 22k a year. When I applied as an incoming freshman I got more scholarships that actually made that school cheaper than Whitewater.
I know some states do though. My friends' kids attend a school in KY and they are getting such a lower in-state rate because of their academics from high school + cheering.

I could have gone to school in my home state (Maine) as my degree isn't too out of the ordinary (political science), but there were a multitude of factors to consider before I deposited to attend a school. At UMaine, the only in-state public school I'd consider attending, it's decently challenging to actually graduate in four years due to class availability, and with more than a tenth of my graduating class from high school going there, I didn't want to be around those people for four more years. I also wanted to go to school in a city, and going to a Catholic college was something that was important to me. (I had attended public school k-12, and wanted to go somewhere for college where I would feel like less of a freakshow for being religious.)

Do I have debt from attending Providence College that I wouldn't have if I went in-state? Absolutely. Is it manageable? Yes. Barring any major catastrophe, it should be paid off within a decade. I received a quality education there, I landed the job of my dreams almost exactly three months after graduation (through connections I established at PC that I simply wouldn't have had at UMaine), and grew into the adult I am today. I have no regrets.

Someone else already filled me in on that! And I didn't realize that state schools in other states were significantly higher than the SUNY system. I'm trying to convince former cp to just stay in NY, not sure how that's going to turn out though.

My cousin started at UMass Amherst and then went to Binghamton his second semester freshman year and loved it! I just don't know if I could handle that cold...

Thanks to this thread, I have realized that I need to figure out how in-state/out-of-state tuition works for military brats. I have no idea where we will be in four years when my oldest graduates high school.

Side note: Holy crap. I'm about to be the mother of a high school student. How is that even possible?

Very random question, but I just rented the Champion's League movie on iTunes and watched it for the first time today. There was a song playing right when they show the Senior Elite girls practicing in the gym directly before the fab 5 portion and I absolutely love the song but can't seem to find it anywhere no matter what apps I use or what lyrics I google. Does anyone on here happen to know the song?

My cousin started at UMass Amherst and then went to Binghamton his second semester freshman year and loved it! I just don't know if I could handle that cold...
I graduated from Binghamton hence my wish that my oldest would consider going there. Its cold but is actually outside of the snow belt so we never got hit as badly as some of the other upstate schools. It rains heck of a lot there though. You do learn very quickly that anything above 50 degrees is officially shorts weather!

Very random question, but I just rented the Champion's League movie on iTunes and watched it for the first time today. There was a song playing right when they show the Senior Elite girls practicing in the gym directly before the fab 5 portion and I absolutely love the song but can't seem to find it anywhere no matter what apps I use or what lyrics I google. Does anyone on here happen to know the song?

Do you have the shazam app? It can tell you what song it is.

Thanks to this thread, I have realized that I need to figure out how in-state/out-of-state tuition works for military brats. I have no idea where we will be in four years when my oldest graduates high school.

Every state has a different requirement as to what length of time you need to live in a state to be considered a resident for in-state tuition purposes.

Ex: Where we live, it's one year.

I don't know if it's modified for military kids.

Hi there- I am a financial aid professional at a college and can speak to the in state residency for military- it is regulated by federal law. Here is the summation of the regulation:
Dependent children of service members on active duty for a period of more than 30 days are eligible to receive in-state tuition at public colleges and universities in the state where they reside or are permanently stationed. Once a dependent child is enrolled and paying in-state tuition, they will continue to pay the in-state tuition rate as long as they remain continuously enrolled at the institution, even if the service member is reassigned outside the state.
In practice this essentially waives the length of time to establish resident status that is usually the standard.

Does anyone go to tristate athletics (DE)? Trying to find out some info on theme
My daughter does not cheer there (too far away). However, I am friends with people who Coach there and some parents and they are a great gym! They are growing but I've watched their teams at comps and they are very good. I hope that helps

Sweden had our nationals this week (we have a national holiday thursday meaning everyone basicly where free friday anyway. and the gym i root for and have connections to (a first year gym or a program since sweden doesn't really have gyms) had three teams compete, junior level 5 senior intermidiate (similar to like level 2 or maybe three but without tucks) and senior level 5 and the senior intermidiate and the senior level 5 team won and are national champions!!! Pretty good for a first year program i think!! the senior level 5 team is going to worlds next year since they won a bid now!! And the future seems good for the program. The senior intermidiate will keep there title since it was the last time with that level at nationals since sweden gets the level system next year so kinda proud of that. the junior level 5 got 6th and last but still good to even qualify for nationals and they won regionals so the future is in store for these girls! Proud fan right now.

Watching lower level teams from NCA and thought of an interesting question, has anybody ever started their routine with running tumbling?

Latest posts

Back